Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone have any tips on how to revise GCSE physics? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My normally revision methods are flashcards and mind maps, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a technique specific to Physics that worked? Thankyou
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammiedodger44)
    My normally revision methods are flashcards and mind maps, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a technique specific to Physics that worked? Thankyou
    When I studied for GCSE physics my go to technique would be read the text book, make a one page summary for each chapter and then just do tons of practice question using the chapters summaries I had made. It worked well for me.

ReputationRep:
    Questions, questions, questions...

Although you’re on the new gcse with no past papers, the content from the old GCSE will still be similar so you could find some questions on them to complete??

My maths teacher always said that the best way to revise for any subject that involves maths is to complete questions as that is the only way you will learn what the examiner is looking for, and the trigger words in the questions.

Good luck in June/July!!

ReputationRep:
    Perfect timing; I've got a Physics test tomorrow
    For me, physics is just one of those subjects where I have try everything possible and hope for the best. Like it was said above, past papers really work.
    I tend to make loads of revision cards and never actually use them, but while I was making them I had to go through the content and that in itself was revision. Physics is also a lot of maths...in the new system, you can get marks just for remembering equations. So learn all of them, cos that'll get you marks even if you mess up the maths part. There are revision guides out there for physics, too. You can ask your school if they sell them or you should be able to find the guides online.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.