Turn on thread page Beta

I got a computer science degree but I dont want a programming job watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    firstly, have i wasted my 3 years at university ?

plus the 1 year I wasted when I dropped out of engineering.

plus another 2 years doing the wrong A levels such as maths and physics and further maths

so have I wasted 6 years of my life ?

after my second year of computer science I wanted to drop out as I realised programming was no longer for me and I didn't like it....but I continued on just to finish it.

my passion is in the creative industry ..

what do I do now ?

how do i get all those years back ?
    I'm in exactly the same boat as you my friend - got a C.S degree, even though halfway through I wanted to do something else, and also hugely passionate about the creative industry.

I figured the best way to get into the creative industry was to combine skills I already have (so as not to completely waste my degree) with things you wanna do - through creative agencies and working as a Front End Web Developer, User Interface Designer, Graphic Designer, Animator etc - anything where you can be creative with respect to the aesthetic of something.

Hopefully working for companies who do beautiful work that you admire will inspire you to keep learning, which then can potentially lead to other things. My hope is to design and develop websites, logo's, animations - get comfortable with a few different disciplines with a view to moving into architecture, film making or men's fashion design, depending on which route suits me best

Just out of interest, which aspect of the creative industry are you interested in?

Obviously not

I know someone who done computer science

Now they work for hmrc in the tax field

ReputationRep:
    If you have an interest in Android then you can develop Games and apps.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.