Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I am struggling to afford university with all my grants and loans because of what my parents earn.. they cannot afford to help me in any way.

I am from Wales and would preferably be studying in Wales however its all been pulled back what should I do.... like as in the bursaries have been pulled back is that a definite for 18/19 year or not? If so should I hang on a year and save some money and work in hope they will bring the bursaries back ?

I am very stressed with the money aspect as nursing is my dream job however I do not want to be skint and unhappy I would like to occasionally be able to have a drink go out ect....

any way to make money without selling a kidney lol

thank you
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbiealexander20)
    So I am struggling to afford university with all my grants and loans because of what my parents earn.. they cannot afford to help me in any way.

I am from Wales and would preferably be studying in Wales however its all been pulled back what should I do.... like as in the bursaries have been pulled back is that a definite for 18/19 year or not? If so should I hang on a year and save some money and work in hope they will bring the bursaries back ?

I am very stressed with the money aspect as nursing is my dream job however I do not want to be skint and unhappy I would like to occasionally be able to have a drink go out ect....

any way to make money without selling a kidney lol

thank you
    If you commit to two years working in Wales you still can get the nhs bursary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    If you commit to two years working in Wales you still can get the nhs bursary.
    even for starting my coursse in 2019?! what is the bursary sorry I cant find any information online
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbiealexander20)
    even for starting my coursse in 2019?! what is the bursary sorry I cant find any information online
    2019 hasn't been confirmed yet but take a look at this http://www.nwsspstudentfinance.wales.nhs.uk/home

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.