Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Not even 24 hours after the MoNC and the Government has managed to collapse. I knew that the problems the Government were facing was serious and it seems like the Budget was the last straw for the Liberals.

Saracen's Fez, with the junior coalition partner leaving your Government I recommend that you consult the Opposition on what is the next step and if there is to be a General Election when. There is no point trying to form a Government now and trying to finish off the end of the term, so I would suggest calling an early election is the best option since this dissolution has occurred so close to the end of the term.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Yay, Rakas is once again ignoring the rules in favour of the solution that makes his job easiest.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    Not even 24 hours after the MoNC and the Government has managed to collapse. I knew that the problems the Government were facing was serious and it seems like the Budget was the last straw for the Liberals.

Saracen's Fez, with the junior coalition partner leaving your Government I recommend that you consult the Opposition on what is the next step and if there is to be a General Election when. There is no point trying to form a Government now and trying to finish off the end of the term, so I would suggest calling an early election is the best option since this dissolution has occurred so close to the end of the term.
    I refer you to my post a few posts up.

ReputationRep:
    Well done Afcwimbledon2, you have exceeded my expectations of you with this decision.

Hopefully now a General Election will ensue, allowing a much more favourable house for a right wing administration.

#Saunders4PM
    #LibertarianRevolution
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)

I know you find reading incredibly hard but you might want to try it given that Rakas has already said that he doesn't care about the constitution, GD, and precedent if it allows himself to be lazier and Fez has already said that he wishes an early election.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    It was lost?

We do have a coalition breakup section.
    as in when the last break up happened it hadn't been added but was in effect
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    as in when the last break up happened it hadn't been added but was in effect
    There should be no lost amendments as recently as that, and if there was such an amendment passed myself and/or Jacob would have remembered it.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I had intended to remain quiet in this thread, however, I would like to add my support to the sentiments expressed by other members of my party who, like me, were not happy with large elements of this coalition. It seemed that the labour leadership was low to make decisions and progress were at times only made due to the badgering of Liberal members. While I feel we should be glad of how much we managed to achieve this term as a coalition, we could have done so much more if we had not had to drag behind us a limp and inactive Labour party.

ReputationRep:
    lmao

good on the liberals!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    I had intended to remain quiet in this thread, however, I would like to add my support to the sentiments expressed by other members of my party who, like me, were not happy with large elements of this coalition. It seemed that the labour leadership was low to make decisions and progress were at times only made due to the badgering of Liberal members. While I feel we should be glad of how much we managed to achieve this term as a coalition, we could have done so much more if we had not had to drag behind us a limp and inactive Labour party.
    Did you support the government in the MoNC? Also you must have really low achievement standards given how little the government achieved
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    There should be no lost amendments as recently as that, and if there was such an amendment passed myself and/or Jacob would have remembered it.
    I'm the one that found it. it was passed long before but found I think 1 or 2 days after.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    This is hilarious. 24 Hours after the budget and the government collapses.

I assume the by-election will not go ahead ?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazzer1998)

Depends whether there is an election or not, that could also be part of the reason Rakas is allowing somebody who is not PM to call an election, so he can avoid having to run the by election#LazyRakas
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I believe the amendment governing coalition breakup was passed years ago, however, the amendment was not added to the GD. When the amendment was found to have been passed but not added to the GD the Labour-Liberal coalition breakup had happened, meaning the amendment has been used from after that breakup.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Off Aph goes I guess
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Did you support the government in the MoNC? Also you must have really low achievement standards given how little the government achieved
    Seeing as you have asked directly, no. I voted for the motion against this government.

In the time that I was part of the government, it has done quite a lot. True, that was because I wrote all of the bills and quoted people until they submitted them, but we have managed to do quite a bit in the month I have been here. We have reformed prisons to give people a chance to reform, we have made the lives of thousands of homeless people a lot better and we have introduced legislation that will limit the growth of drug resistant bacteria. Imagine how much we could have accomplished with more active coalition partners, or even alone in that month.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazzer1998)

I guess that depends on if we see another coalition form or if parliament is dissolved.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Fair play to the liberals for withdrawing after the clear mess of a budget... it makes sense now to head towards an election as I’m sure even if there’s a new coalition, no party intends to continue this term any longer than it needs to be
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to make it really clear that I wasn't a fan of this coalition and I echo the comments made by my party leader in saying that "we have worked our hardest to create a strong, progressive government that fights for 21st Century Britain".

Having served as an MP during the beginning of this parliamentary term, I will not deny the fact that we as a party have had difficult periods during this coalition but I believe we have done everything in our power to negotiate and make compromises with our coalition partners on certain policies. Furthermore, I share the view that our coalition partners have fallen short by falling to match our expectations in creating a strong, progressive government that fights for 21st Century Britain - our coalition partners didn't seem capable to meet our vision in terms of activity nor in terms of policy. Whilst I do acknowledge that my party has subsequently lost seats during this parliamentary term, I can say that without a doubt that we as a party were the most active in this coalition and we will stand on our strong record in the next General Election. Yet I'm particularly disappointed with the Labour member in question over their despicable actions by essentially derailing the Budget that my right honorable friend, Conceited produced with time and effect. Although the member in question has apologised, I strongly condemn their thoughtless acts and situations like this just proves why we had some difficult periods during this coalition. Finally, I would like to urge the Speaker to call an early General Election as there's simply no point in forming a new government.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Seeing as you have asked directly, no. I voted for the motion against this government.

In the time that I was part of the government, it has done quite a lot. True, that was because I wrote all of the bills and quoted people until they submitted them, but we have managed to do quite a bit in the month I have been here. We have reformed prisons to give people a chance to reform, we have made the lives of thousands of homeless people a lot better and we have introduced legislation that will limit the growth of drug resistant bacteria. Imagine how much we could have accomplished with more active coalition partners, or even alone in that month.
    As I said, low standards. In the rest of the term there has been rigging elections by allowing children to vote, nationalising prisons, not letting trannies cut their dicks off until they're adults several statements full of waffle that don't do a lot, support for protectionism when the government was required to produce free trade legislation and a lot of ill conceived withdrawn legislation such as your own bill withdrawn tonight. Of course we also have a budget that appears wasn't even written by the chancellor with I think it was only 1 correct figure in it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.