Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    So, I've been invited to an interview at University of Northampton to study Midwifery.
    Has anyone been to any interviews at Northampton for Midwifery that could give me some tips?
    Or does anyone have any tips and advice for me in general?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I also have an interview at Northampton in a few weeks for midwifery, hoping someone shares some tips lol. I've just been googling some advice for MMIs and possible tricky questions, as well as researching the current news stories. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CourtneyTy)
    Hey! I also have an interview at Northampton in a few weeks for midwifery, hoping someone shares some tips lol. I've just been googling some advice for MMIs and possible tricky questions, as well as researching the current news stories. Good luck
    Hey, What date is your interview on? Good luck! Yes I've been doing the same, I'm mainly worried about the presentation and making sure I find the right information.
    I'm hoping someone who has already had a similar interview would be able to give us some advice haha! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charley1804)
    Hey, What date is your interview on? Good luck! Yes I've been doing the same, I'm mainly worried about the presentation and making sure I find the right information.
    I'm hoping someone who has already had a similar interview would be able to give us some advice haha! Good luck!
    Mines on the 29th this month I agree with the whole presentation thing, I’ve almost finished a PowerPoint on an article, but I’m not completely certain I’ve included the right stuff. Best of luck with yours!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Mines on the 29th this month I agree with the whole presentation thing, I’ve almost finished a PowerPoint on an article, but I’m not completely certain I’ve included the right stuff. Best of luck with yours!
    Same date as mine! I'm preparing mine now but yeah it really is hard to make sure you've got all the right stuff included. I was thinking of doing a powerpoint too, are you going to take your laptop with you to present or print it out? I was thinking of just printing but I think it will look more professional if I bring my laptop.
    Sooo much to think about and so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    Same date as mine! I'm preparing mine now but yeah it really is hard to make sure you've got all the right stuff included. I was thinking of doing a powerpoint too, are you going to take your laptop with you to present or print it out? I was thinking of just printing but I think it will look more professional if I bring my laptop.
    Sooo much to think about and so nervous!
    Ooh what a coincidence! See you there I’m probably going to take my laptop as I can kinda just face it to the interviewers and click through the slides as I talk, but I’m not too sure how long to make it. Interviews are just hard to prepare for! Have you got any others?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh what a coincidence! See you there I’m probably going to take my laptop as I can kinda just face it to the interviewers and click through the slides as I talk, but I’m not too sure how long to make it. Interviews are just hard to prepare for! Have you got any others?
    Yeah I'm going to take mine as well, it's just a bit more professional I think. I'm the same, I'm not sure how much information to include on each page but I'm going to just do it as I can and then time how long it takes me to present it and if I need to cut some out or add more to make it fit to the 5 minutes they suggested then I will do. I haven't heard back from any others yet so for now this is my only one, but it's my first choice so I was hoping I'd get an interview for one of the others first to prepare me for this one! I'm just going to do as much research as I possibly can to prepare myself. Do you think the other stations will include scenario based questions, etc as I know there's one for the presentation and one for the maths test so I'm guessing there may be one for scenario questions and one for interview questions or similar

ReputationRep:
    I would assume so yeah, it says in the leaflet it’ll test on issues in healthcare, so they may be based around the NHS constitution and how we are as people? and I have an interview at Teesside but I’m waiting to hear from the others. Are you a member of the Facebook Northampton applicant group? People on there have already had interviews and gotten offers, so it may be worth looking at that too for help (:

ReputationRep:
    I would assume so yeah, it says in the leaflet it’ll test on issues in healthcare, so they may be based around the NHS constitution and how we are as people? and I have an interview at Teesside but I’m waiting to hear from the others. Are you a member of the Facebook Northampton applicant group? People on there have already had interviews and gotten offers, so it may be worth looking at that too for help (:
    Yeah I've just had a read over that part. Is Northampton your first interview or is Teesside first? & had no idea that even existed so I will give it a look now! Thankyouuu

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've just had a read over that part. Is Northampton your first interview or is Teesside first? & had no idea that even existed so I will give it a look now! Thankyouuu
    Northampton, Teesside’s in December. And no problem! Hope you do great (:

ReputationRep:
    I interviewed at Northampton 2 years ago - although for nursing not midwifery.
    It was actually my favourite Interview! And only Interview with just me in (no group stuff).
    I wasn't asked for PowerPoint but was asked to find info on health care issues - big stuff atm is around pay caps, number of nurses leaving the register and understaffing.
    In terms of scenarios it'll probably be scenarios of what you will do in situations. I think a different uni asked if you were on a bus and a colleague spoke about a patient what would you do? (So confidently) or if a patient were to become distressed or agitated how would you deal with this (not including physical intervention)? I'm mh so that's more my area specific but I hope that kind of gives you ideas of what scenario questions generally are (literally a scenario).
    From my memory Northampton were very into the 5 c's back then.
    And also if you haven't done your maths exam yet I'm not joking when I say revise!! (BBC GCSE bitesize is what they suggested then). I did a bit but thought it'd be easy as I'm good at math but literally opened the page and wanted to cry! It was pretty hard and I only got 1 question off failing it.
    The actual maths exams you do once on the degree (safemedicate) are actually far easier!

Hope that's of some use.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.