The Student Room Group

Cardiff University Radiography

Hi. I want to study at Cardiff to do Radiography and wondered if anyone else has replied and heard anything from them?
Hi,

I studied this course at Cardiff University and I would honestly not recommend it at all! The radiography part is so interesting and I would say definitely do it, but not at this uni. Majority of the lecturers were bullies, they would try their best to make lectures and tutorials hell and have ridiculous standards that not even the best students could live up to. If you struggled, even a little, they would target you. I was so stressed because of them that it made me ill, but they were so intimidating that you couldn't talk to anyone about it. They are teaching a course that requires people to have compassion and professionalism and half the lecturers do not have these values.

Only a handful of lecturers were approachable, but they were the ones teaching less which was unfortunate because it felt like those lecturers actually wanted you to succeed. The others would expect you to know everything, even things we hadn't been taught or told about. I mean, if you already know everything and don't mind lecturers calling you names and putting you down then you'll be fine. If I had known this before I went, I would never have even gone to the interview. I know this may seem like I'm exaggerating but other people have written about this too and I just do not want anyone else to waste their opportunity and go to Cardiff University like I did.
Hi. Thank you for your honesty, it really helps to hear people’s experiences. I went to an open day and some of the people that work there are really nice but yes I have heard a lot of negative comments about the lecturers.

How soon ago did you graduate?

Quick Reply

Latest