Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm in my second week of placement in a primary school and was wondering was other students thought about their own experiences?

This is my first uni year but I've done work experience many times in schools and nursery.

Is there anything you particularly like/dislike?
    Have you noticed anything you want to do/not do as a teacher?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Just asking, is this placement offered through a degree in primary teaching?
    Is the work salaried?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    hi yes it is and no i don't get paid for it
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatBeaver)
    So I'm in my second week of placement in a primary school and was wondering was other students thought about their own experiences?

This is my first uni year but I've done work experience many times in schools and nursery.

Is there anything you particularly like/dislike?
    Have you noticed anything you want to do/not do as a teacher?
    Hi,

I'm in my second year of a BEd teaching degree and also currently on placement. How is your placement going?

I've had a range of experiences (from city to village schools) but the main enjoyment comes from actually teaching the children something new and then them actually getting it and enjoying themselves at the same time. It is also incredible forming bonds with the children. Gotta love it despite the amount of work that has to be done!

Whilst on placements, you pick up quite a few things you like that fit your teaching style which you will use in your own classroom and also the opposite!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.