Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Good ways to make new friends comfortable around you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've made new friends at my college but I have the feeling they're not very comfortable around me, I'm not scary or anything I think it's just cause they don't know me very well, I've told them a lot about myself and they've told me stuff about themselves but does anyone have any tips on what I can do to improve the friendships?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    send them memes. trust me.

ReputationRep:
    Ask them some basic questions like birthdays, zodiac signs, favourite colours, etc etc etc while you're hanging out - or for a less childish approach- their favourite bands, movies, music genre, subjects even - and if you've got a subject or anything common, build up on that - show that you're just as passionate so that the other person knows that you're genuine and really care for their choices and opinions on said subject.
    Other than that, you can talk about hobbies games etc or really anything - if you like cooking, give'em a little something as a treat - everybody loves a little gift of appreciation, if they're nice enough they'll give you one in return and vice versa - this builds trust and friendship ^_^
    I might sounds cheesy or kiddish but that's how I managed to go from demure, frail, unapproachable introvert to a slightly more talkative and *noticed* person :| Hope this helps even a teeny bit!

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha thank you so much Amy just gotta start off small and build off that 😂💖

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeyboardKitten)
    Ahaha thank you so much Amy just gotta start off small and build off that 😂💖
    Exactly! 😄 (the same goes for my exam prep R.I.P)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amaraub)
    send them memes. trust me.
    Always works 😂

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.