The Student Room Group

Computer science gcse

In my lessons at the moment we only use python, which is great, but after a while it gets boring.

Has anyone got any suggestions for relatively high level computer languages that I can mess around with on a computer that is slow at best?
To be honest? Python can do almost everything you will ever need to do. I highly encourage just going beyond your classwork with this language, it is very capable. That said, things like Java are highly regarded. R is good if you enjoy doing mathsy stuff, anything you fancy really.
Thanks
Original post by Dontkmowwhat
In my lessons at the moment we only use python, which is great, but after a while it gets boring.

Has anyone got any suggestions for relatively high level computer languages that I can mess around with on a computer that is slow at best?

C Sharp is widely regarded as a very functional, well developed language, and is used quite often in business.

Honestly though theres alternatives, and you should find one you like. See Java, C++, and maybe even Haskell if you like functional programming.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending