Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

so basically a I met a guy through a friend of mine around 7/8 months ago in a bar. Hes like basically my friend's friend so I don't know him that well. I think hes cute and we spoke in the bar for around 2 hours when he was there. Over the last two weeks hes being liking every single post/picture of mine on social media and the other day we spoke for the first time online. We ended up having two conversations on two different forms of social media - both about different things from Wednesday 11pm until thursday 4.30pm. At first the conversation was awkward but after a while he got into it and wouldn't have let it come to a close really but I did as I didnt want us to be having smalll talk at the end.

He mentioned how he thinks we're "similar/ think alike" and mentioned that hes really bored/down at the moment but wants to go see a new film to me, I don't know if thats a hint to want to ask me? Im worried incase it's just friendly conversation but he spoke to me for a long time with no late replies- each message on both apps within 5 mins of me sending mine and my friend said he would'nt have spoke to me for that long if he wasnt interested.

Apparently hes quite shy but i'm waiting for him to message

ReputationRep:
    You've been talking quite a lot with each other - what kind of feelings do you get?

You could make the first move and ask him if he wanted to the film he was talking about? If you feel awkward about it just being the two of you, you could arrange a group trip seeing as you said you are in the social circles (friend of friend). It would give you a chance to get to know him more in person.

(Original post by cheesecakelove)
    You've been talking quite a lot with each other - what kind of feelings do you get?

You could make the first move and ask him if he wanted to the film he was talking about? If you feel awkward about it just being the two of you, you could arrange a group trip seeing as you said you are in the social circles (friend of friend). It would give you a chance to get to know him more in person.

well i haven't seen him in six months, but we spoke on two forms of social media last week and it was two seperate cnversations - lasting for like 13/14 hours constant lol with replies each few mins so we spoke a lot then. Yeah i was hoping my friend would arrange a meet up and we would both be there as since he isnt my original friend if you get me i feel a bit awkward inviting him to stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    well i haven't seen him in six months, but we spoke on two forms of social media last week and it was two seperate cnversations - lasting for like 13/14 hours constant lol with replies each few mins so we spoke a lot then. Yeah i was hoping my friend would arrange a meet up and we would both be there as since he isnt my original friend if you get me i feel a bit awkward inviting him to stuff.
    Does your friend know that you have been talking to each other a lot? You could hint to them to arrange a group activity?

ReputationRep:
    Who initiated the social media conversations last time .... him or you? If he did and you talked for 13 - 14 hrs I think you should reach out to him and just say - Hi, how are things going this week (whatever) and see how he replies. If you get back into another long conversation - and frankly if he's messaging back I wouldn't worry about it being small talk - then I think you have enough 'chatting' time to ask if he'd like to meet for a coffee or go to see that movie. With that much discussion you're hardly strangers at this point so there would be not harm in meeting up w/ him away from your original friend. I agree with your friend I really, really doubt he'd put that much time in messaging you if he was not interested at all. Good Luck.

(Original post by cheesecakelove)
    Does your friend know that you have been talking to each other a lot? You could hint to them to arrange a group activity?
    yeah i think. I already have and think he might be working on it but not sure. he already invitied me to something but i couldn't go.

(Original post by Hopefully1)
    Who initiated the social media conversations last time .... him or you? If he did and you talked for 13 - 14 hrs I think you should reach out to him and just say - Hi, how are things going this week (whatever) and see how he replies. If you get back into another long conversation - and frankly if he's messaging back I wouldn't worry about it being small talk - then I think you have enough 'chatting' time to ask if he'd like to meet for a coffee or go to see that movie. With that much discussion you're hardly strangers at this point so there would be not harm in meeting up w/ him away from your original friend. I agree with your friend I really, really doubt he'd put that much time in messaging you if he was not interested at all. Good Luck.

me last time. Yeah thats all very true!! And also he said that he thought we had similar thoughts about stuff etc, once we started chatting we were chatting for ages. I don't know whether to message him again tomorrow and see how another conversation goes...?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    me last time. Yeah thats all very true!! And also he said that he thought we had similar thoughts about stuff etc, once we started chatting we were chatting for ages. I don't know whether to message him again tomorrow and see how another conversation goes...?
    Sounds exactly my like my position but a little earlier on, I wish I made a move back then so I would say try making one yourself.

he asked me out!!! but im so so nervous now - first date and i havent seen him for ages/dont know him that well. So scared but im excited to but just very nervous.

out as in on a date not to be like dating officially haha.

So it is clear that he likes you. Why don't you say 'well if you want I'll go with you're this way than you are not looking beggish and you get to spend time with him. I suggest you go for it Hun x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.