The Student Room Group

Mini Fridges

Hi,

So my university doesn't allow you to have mini fridges or other kitchen appliances not provided by the university. However, due to some "issues" with food storage and housemates stealing my food I brought a mini fridge and am keeping it in my room even though it's banned. Has anyone else done this? How safe is it? and what are the odds that I'llnget caught and have to pay a fine or something? Do universities carry out bedroom inspections?

P.S i live in an university managed house so there is less contact wil officials than in Halls- I also have a kettle in my room.
Original post by sammyg7
Hi,

So my university doesn't allow you to have mini fridges or other kitchen appliances not provided by the university. However, due to some "issues" with food storage and housemates stealing my food I brought a mini fridge and am keeping it in my room even though it's banned. Has anyone else done this? How safe is it? and what are the odds that I'llnget caught and have to pay a fine or something? Do universities carry out bedroom inspections?

P.S i live in an university managed house so there is less contact wil officials than in Halls- I also have a kettle in my room.

i think they'll be concerned by overheating and the potential fire hazard, what does your tenancy agreement say about inspections?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending