Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just wondered if students have much time to earn money during their studies at uwe

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm currently at university and the workload is never ending. I do have free time, but it is very limited and doesn't come round very often. However, someone I know has a part time job and it seems to be working for her, so I guess it depends on you really, how organised you are. You know your limits more than anyone else.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm a second year student at UWE; I'd say in first year, there's a lot of flexibility and time around your studies to work. Second year steps up quite dramatically and it quickly becomes very difficult to juggle jobs and studying (at least, if you're aiming for good grades). There was a point in the first semester of this year where I was going to work in the morning, attending lectures in the afternoon and working in the evening, so some of the days were horribly long (I think the worst was 19 hours or something silly).

I'd advise that you work in the holidays and evenings a bit, but limit yourself to 15ish hours as beyond this, there's not enough time to engage with course materials.

Hope this helps!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 13, 2018

University open days

• University of the West of England
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 3 Nov '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.