Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not wanting children unnatural? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Honestly the concept of not having/wanting/be able to have kids being unnatural is so foreign to me and yet so many people seem to live by it. Who decided that the purpose of every single one of us human beings is reproducing and keeping the species alive? This applies for a person not looking for a partner, couples not wanting to have kids and obviously gay couples.

I might be wrong so enlighten me.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I don't think this outright applies to same-sex couples, as a general point? Many do have children, or choose to adopt

I wouldn't say it's unnatural to not want children though, some people just aren't in the position to have them, or have valid reasons for not wanting to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    I don't think this outright applies to same-sex couples, as a general point? Many do have children, or choose to adopt

I wouldn't say it's unnatural to not want children though, some people just aren't in the position to have them, or have valid reasons for not wanting to.
    Yeah sorry for same-sex couple I meant like conceive children you know? Because many people use the argument that being gay is “against nature” because it is impossible to conceive a child. And like what if not all of us are meant to procreate? Why is it unnatural then? Even some animal species show gay tendencies!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giuulss00)
    Yeah sorry for same-sex couple I meant like conceive children you know? Because many people use the argument that being gay is “against nature” because it is impossible to conceive a child. And like what if not all of us are meant to procreate? Why is it unnatural then? Even some animal species show gay tendencies!
    Ah I'm with you now - I definitely agree with you, that not everyone should be expected to have children, and that not wanting to shouldn't be classed as unnatural. Especially as it wouldn't be a particularly good environment for a child, to be raised in a family that didn't want kids, so it's not even like there would be a benefit to enforcing it on people.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.