Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any one got an interview for design engineering in imperial?

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting, applied on 15th Oct.

ReputationRep:
    Got one yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pcolly2509)
    Got one yesterday
    yeah I got one on Thursday for the 29th of Nov, does any body know what sort of thing they're going to be asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BMC99)
    yeah I got one on Thursday for the 29th of Nov, does any body know what sort of thing they're going to be asking?
    Heyy! could you tell us what they asked you about? x

ReputationRep:
    When did you apply ? And do you mind If I ask what your predicted grades are ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayar44)
    Heyy! could you tell us what they asked you about? x
    my interview is on the 29th of November but I'll try and and remember to put the sort thing they asked me here afterwards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BMC99)
    my interview is on the 29th of November but I'll try and and remember to put the sort thing they asked me here afterwards
    Are you thinking of bringing your designs with you? I'm not sure whether I should or not.

ReputationRep:
    Got mine on the 29th too. What you planning to wear? Can't find a quoted dress code anywhere. One of my friends had one for Civil and was told formal so wore a suit and another had one with mech and was told informal and basically not to wear a suit, so rly not sure. Might email

ReputationRep:
    Got mine on the 29th too. What you planning to wear? Can't find a quoted dress code anywhere. One of my friends had one for Civil and was told formal so wore a suit and another had one with mech and was told informal and basically not to wear a suit, so rly not sure. Might email
    Do design students even own suits....... would be super helpful if you guys with interviews could let us know whether your a home or international student. Also your predicted grades - quite a few of us have not heard back - so this could put our minds at rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LisaOB)
    Do design students even own suits....... would be super helpful if you guys with interviews could let us know whether your a home or international student. Also your predicted grades - quite a few of us have not heard back - so this could put our minds at rest.
    Yeh sure. I'm a UK student and am predicted 4 a*s

ReputationRep:
    My interview is on 8/12, so I'll be very interested in hearing about the interview process from all of you who were invited for 29/11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thedonreggaeton)
    Are you thinking of bringing your designs with you? I'm not sure whether I should or not.
    I'm planning on bringing a small collection of my stuff because the worst that can happen is I don't get time to show it, but I hope I do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BMC99)
    I'm planning on bringing a small collection of my stuff because the worst that can happen is I don't get time to show it, but I hope I do
    I think I'll bring one little pocketable item just to help with a 'what have you done that shows you're interested' question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BMC99)
    Are yours 3D products or on paper designs?

ReputationRep:
    Are yours 3D products or on paper designs?
    The one I'm thinking of bringing is a fully functional product.

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard back from them about the dress code?

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard back from them about the dress code?
    Not yet, I doubt anyone will reply until Monday. I will keep you updated.

ReputationRep:
    Not yet, I doubt anyone will reply until Monday. I will keep you updated.
    I applied, went to interview last year- it was an okay experiance... although the lecturer asking the questions wasn't very clear in his pronounciation at all. It's smart casual, whatever makes you feel most comfortable. A nice shirt and trousers will do for men, smart casual dress for the ladies.

Tbh I brought a functional product with me and they have so many applicants they rarely even had time to look at it. Made no difference what so ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allofthestars)
    I applied, went to interview last year- it was an okay experiance... although the lecturer asking the questions wasn't very clear in his pronounciation at all. It's smart casual, whatever makes you feel most comfortable. A nice shirt and trousers will do for men, smart casual dress for the ladies.

Tbh I brought a functional product with me and they have so many applicants they rarely even had time to look at it. Made no difference what so ever.
    Yeh he replied with smart casual, thank you. Did they ask you to sketch btw?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.