Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have an unease relationship with my friend. I have always felt this awkwardness and tension between us, I think the main problem is that we are kind of in competition. I have always had the better grades out of the two of us and I feel as if she is jealous of me. I get these little signs like one of my other friends asked me when some homework was due and I said I wasn't sure, because I genuinely didn't know. As a result she piped up and said sarcastically "I bet she does know!". Then again she insulted me saying people don't rate me as an intelligent person etc.

Anyway she had missed a few days off school and I had to fill her in on what we did in class. When I went off to grab a textbook she snatched my book from the desk, flicked the pages back and began reading my work...without my permission and behind my back! Later on I approached her and she was copying something off her phone. I glanced at her phone and I am sure she was looking at a photo of my work. It was a photo of some hand writing and from what I could tell it looked very similar to mine. The work she was doing was not from the same class as the one where she read my work. I have absolutely no idea how she managed to get hold of my work. I feel offended that she has taken it and photographed it without my permission.

However I can't tell if I am just being paranoid that she is out to sabotage me, to beat me or to use me. Or whether it was a genuine mistake. I need some advise on what I should do, should I try and distance myself from her?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not very good with advice but let me tell you that sounds really creepy 😂 also my friend used to do that too but she'd copy me and then put her hand over her work. and my teacher would be like what made you think that or get that answer and she didn't know, I also knew because I purposely wrote rubbish and she had similar to what I had so maybe try that 😂 make sure you don't leave your work around because someone copied mine once they got the mark and I got told I copied even tho they copied me
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Esme6560)
    I'm not very good with advice but let me tell you that sounds really creepy 😂 also my friend used to do that too but she'd copy me and then put her hand over her work. and my teacher would be like what made you think that or get that answer and she didn't know, I also knew because I purposely wrote rubbish and she had similar to what I had so maybe try that 😂 make sure you don't leave your work around because someone copied mine once they got the mark and I got told I copied even tho they copied me
    Thanks for your advice! I don't know how on earth she got a photo of my work. The only way I can possibly think she got her hands on it was through one of my teachers, who would have some of my work. But it would be incredibly creepy if she went as far as asking the teacher to look at MY homework. I don't even know if teachers are allowed to give out other students work without their knowledge, isn't that a breach of confidentiality or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks for your advice! I don't know how on earth she got a photo of my work. The only way I can possibly think she got her hands on it was through one of my teachers, who would have some of my work. But it would be incredibly creepy if she went as far as asking the teacher to look at MY homework. I don't even know if teachers are allowed to give out other students work without their knowledge, isn't that a breach of confidentiality or something?
    No problem! They shouldn't be giving out your work at all even if someone asks for it, I guess that can come under confidentially is some way since your work is confidential to you, and you choose whether you share it m. there may have been everyone's books piled up and she could've said she's looking for hers instead she looked for yours. Same thing happened to me today this girl sat and got a pen and paper and copied my whole assignment off of my computer screen I didn't realise until she copied the whole thing. It is creepy but it can be so annoying too! I would stay away from her if she gives you more vibes that she's jealous or copying your work
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have an unease relationship with my friend. I have always felt this awkwardness and tension between us, I think the main problem is that we are kind of in competition. I have always had the better grades out of the two of us and I feel as if she is jealous of me. I get these little signs like one of my other friends asked me when some homework was due and I said I wasn't sure, because I genuinely didn't know. As a result she piped up and said sarcastically "I bet she does know!". Then again she insulted me saying people don't rate me as an intelligent person etc.

Anyway she had missed a few days off school and I had to fill her in on what we did in class. When I went off to grab a textbook she snatched my book from the desk, flicked the pages back and began reading my work...without my permission and behind my back! Later on I approached her and she was copying something off her phone. I glanced at her phone and I am sure she was looking at a photo of my work. It was a photo of some hand writing and from what I could tell it looked very similar to mine. The work she was doing was not from the same class as the one where she read my work. I have absolutely no idea how she managed to get hold of my work. I feel offended that she has taken it and photographed it without my permission.

However I can't tell if I am just being paranoid that she is out to sabotage me, to beat me or to use me. Or whether it was a genuine mistake. I need some advise on what I should do, should I try and distance myself from her?
    Confront her about it. She seems quite content with making certain comments and taking liberties with you, so why not throw some back?

Also, it gets right down to the bottom of things as opposed to you a) not knowing the answer to your question and b) the tension that will only increase in time.

You got this.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.