Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone into Muse?👌 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just going through a Muse binge tonight; they're my favourite band.

What's your favourite Muse song, album, and band member.

For me it's The Small Print, Hullabaloo or Origins of Symmetry, and Matt Bellamy ❤️
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Tried really hard to get into them but never could manage it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    Tried really hard to get into them but never could manage it.
    Awww what a shame 💔what sort of Muse-ic (I'm awful I know 😂) are you into?

ReputationRep:
    I quite like them, supermassive black hole is probably my favourite!

ReputationRep:
    Mostly weird metal, AOR and hip-hop, I suppose. I don't discriminate though, if I like it, I like it. Not fussed if it's a genre outside of those three. It annoys me a bit that I don't get Muse because they are one of those bands that I feel like I am compelled to like. basically all my mates love them, and they're music snobs, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toastiekid)
    I quite like them, supermassive black hole is probably my favourite!
    It's a great song; are you a new Muser or old one? 😉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecds)
    It's a great song; are you a new Muser or old one? 😉
    My parents played it a lot when I was younger and I was on a throwback playlist the other day when I saw their cover of feeling good so I hit the album origin of symmetry and listened to it what other music do you like? I like Bastille, the script, radiohead, good charlotte and fall out boy (I have a varied ish taste)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    Mostly weird metal, AOR and hip-hop, I suppose. I don't discriminate though, if I like it, I like it. Not fussed if it's a genre outside of those three. It annoys me a bit that I don't get Muse because they are one of those bands that I feel like I am compelled to like. basically all my mates love them, and they're music snobs, haha.
    No that's fair; I know what you mean though. You feel obliged to like one artist because it's similar but you just really don't get it. Muse are a bit odd and don't really fit into one genre *cough cough* panic station *cough cough* so I can completely understand xD

ReputationRep:
    I did quite like Origin of Symmetry. I remember getting it when I was in high school, ha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toastiekid)
    My parents played it a lot when I was younger and I was on a throwback playlist the other day when I saw their cover of feeling good so I hit the album origin of symmetry and listened to it what other music do you like? I like Bastille, the script, radiohead, good charlotte and fall out boy (I have a varied ish taste)
    I love their cover of Feeling Good! I actually first heard them when I was 10 playing Guitar Hero; I think I was playing Knights of Cydonia? I also like Radiohead. I'm into a lot of different genres; Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj when I'm working out, a bit of electro swing, some heavy metal, screamo, Coldplay, Lana del Rey. But Muse steal my heart and I'm defo into their more angsty stuff like Hysteria ❤️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecds)
    Just going through a Muse binge tonight; they're my favourite band.

What's your favourite Muse song, album, and band member.

For me it's The Small Print, Hullabaloo or Origins of Symmetry, and Matt Bellamy ❤️
    They're my favourite band too! I see them as the next Led Zeppelin and Queen, so they're destined for rock n' roll greatness. Their musical virtuosity far surpasses some of the current critically-acclaimed bands whose songwriting abilities are overrated imo.

Fav song: MK Ultra
    Fav album: Absolution
    Fav member: Dominic, because I am also a drummer

ReputationRep:
    Awesome username 😊 I love Dom unfortunately I haven't met him or Chris 💔I once met Matt after a gig in Exeter in 2015 - have you ever one to see them live?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecds)
    Awesome username 😊 I love Dom unfortunately I haven't met him or Chris 💔I once met Matt after a gig in Exeter in 2015 - have you ever one to see them live?
    Thanks haha, do you like the show? Sadly I haven't but I'm really excited about the new album so I'm hoping to see them soon. What was Matt like?

ReputationRep:
    I really like Muse. The songs that come to mind straight away that I think are great are Supermassive Black Hole, Hysteria, Time is running out, Starlight and of course Plugin Baby. I also have a soft spot for Undisclosed Desires. It's really cool to have an English Band who are credible and can compete with the big American rock acts. I think it would be great if Muse did the next Bond theme tune
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Muse are amazing, I seen them live 4 times now, you cannot beat this song

ReputationRep:
    I am obsessed with their Supermassive Black Hole and Starlight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeoJones94)
    I really like Muse. The songs that come to mind straight away that I think are great are Supermassive Black Hole, Hysteria, Time is running out, Starlight and of course Plugin Baby. I also have a soft spot for Undisclosed Desires. It's really cool to have an English Band who are credible and can compete with the big American rock acts. I think it would be great if Muse did the next Bond theme tune
    I think Supremacy was actually meant to be the song for Skyfall until Adele came along 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Demogorgon)
    Thanks haha, do you like the show? Sadly I haven't but I'm really excited about the new album so I'm hoping to see them soon. What was Matt like?
    He was actually rather normal; on interviews he's always struck me as being a little shy and quite down to earth. He's not so fussed about media appearances I think.
    I think he's more concerned about his friends and family. Tbh I think they wanted to go into music because they enjoyed it rather than wanting to be famous and that's really what they seem to be like in person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecds)
    I think Supremacy was actually meant to be the song for Skyfall until Adele came along 😂
    Well that sucks 😂

ReputationRep:
    Exo-politics. :love:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.