Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

manu's stressful journey through gcses Watch

ReputationRep:

about me:

i'm fifteen years old, and have no family that speak english as their first language; my mom's indonesian and my dad's french, so that's cool i guess? oh, and my name's emmanuelle! but i prefer manu.

intro:

hello, hello! i've realised this is a little late but you know, better late than never i guess
    anyway i'm in year 11 and so far, i've had my first set of mocks [ugh]

what i'm doing for my gcses and target grades:

maths [AQA]
    english [AQA]
    religious education [edexcel]
    geography [WJEC]
    chemistry [OCR]
    biology [OCR]
    physics [OCR]
    french [AQA]
    computer science [OCR]
    business studies [edexcel]

i'll be getting in my mock results in a few weeks, but i know i haven't done brilliantly, simply because there wasn't much time to revise and it was overall a bit of a mess.
    all my targets are 8's which is really frustrating me and stressing me out but i'm going to try my best.
    i'm hoping to get at least a 7 in english and a few other subjects. i'd be happy with a 5 in computer science. i feel like i'll be getting a lot of 5's in my mocks results so i'm going to try and push them up to 6's, 7's and 8's.

how i'm feeling about year 11:

Attachment 704020

what i hope to do in the future:

hopefully, stay on in sixth form and study sociology, psychology and possibly english lit or maths. i'll see at results day, but i'm leaning more to english lit. have no idea what i'd like to do at uni but i'd love to have a career related to mental health. i find it so interesting and i really want to help people who are suffering with mental health issues, as i myself have personally had issues in the past too.

nah- i swim once a week but that's for leisure; and i'll be starting volunteering for oxfam soon, which should be good and something to add to my cv. i watch the lion king regularly, mygod i love that movie so much.

what i'll be hoping to post:

test scores i get, revision notes i'm making and any methods used for revision. expect a LOT of ranting [i hate physics with a passion and cannot wait to burn all my physics material]. i'll try to post every few days, and i wish everyone luck with their exams!

• TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hello there! good luck with your blog and the upcoming year. Fingers crossed you achieve all that you're hoping for! and best of luck for your mock grades in a few weeks.

It's also great to see you have an idea of the kind of career you want, hopefully that will motivate you even more
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Hello there! good luck with your blog and the upcoming year. Fingers crossed you achieve all that you're hoping for! and best of luck for your mock grades in a few weeks.

It's also great to see you have an idea of the kind of career you want, hopefully that will motivate you even more
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    15/11/2017 and 16/11/2017
    i have no idea what my posting schedule will be but expect a decent length post every few days [hopefully they'll get longer as i gain a writing style.]

15/11/2017;

so yesterday i finished all my physics revision notes for p1, p2 and p3 which i'm pretty happy about. i also spent some time going through percentage yields and a practice exam question, which i need to mark when i'm able to get a mark scheme from my teacher. i didn't do much, mainly because yields took me so long to get my head around and apply the method correctly.

i watched a few youtube videos before i revised because youtube makes me happy and puts me in a good mood before making notes. there's a little screenshot of what i watched that day.

16/11/2017;

revised french- i completed all my speaking and listening questions for modules one to three, which took a damn long time. i wrote them on little flashcards and paperclipped them according to modules.

i had a nice big bowl of noodles before revising, and ate three oranges so i'm pretty full. i also practiced some of my french vocab on memrise, and i've now finished working for the night so hopefully i'll be able to finish that peaky blinders episode from yesterday evening. i've attached a picture of my rabbit below because i love him so and he's lovely company.

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    hey! good luck with y11 and im sure you'll smash your gcses!

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mez_merising)
    hey! good luck with y11 and im sure you'll smash your gcses!

Spoiler:
    Show
    thank you, and you too! x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.