The Student Room Group

How to ask a girl out, who you havnt spoken in a while

I had this girl in a group project while at uni. I feel she had a thing for me.

After college I moved due to career path, for work experience and with a GF at the time. 4 months I'm back. While I was catching up with friends, one of the guys mentioned her.

Usallly when texting a girl, I just pop the question, but due to no contact for a while how do I approach? However when I do ask, she will know for sure I am not asking as friends.

This is because how flirty I was with her in person a few months back. She used to always tease me?

So maybe I can get something in? Maybe like "I hope you have turned into a nice girl"?

What do you guys think?
Mention that you haven’t met in a while and that someone mentioned her name recently and it made you think you should catch up - something simple like coffee?
Reply 2
Original post by Paigesmith578
Mention that you haven’t met in a while and that someone mentioned her name recently and it made you think you should catch up - something simple like coffee?

I will do this
Well, honestly, I'd go to her fb page and see if there are any new pics of her w/ some new guy that wasn't around 4 mos ago. Assuming she still doesn't have a boyfriend then send her a friendly text or fb message and say what the above poster suggested that _____ mentioned her name and it made you think about her and you wanted to say 'hi' and see how she is doing. Assuming that a text exchange ensues then ask if she'd be up for meeting for coffee. But please only do this if you have honorable intentions. Please don't chat her up and invite her for coffee if you're really just looking for a hook-up. That would be pretty mean actually. So, again, assuming, that you think you could kind of like this girl take her for coffee and pay for it. That kind of helps to differentiate 'buddies' from a date. Then if things go well suggest getting together again in the future.... and gage her response. Then text with her again for 2-3 days and suggest getting together to do something - dinner, a movie and drinks (whatever) - she'll know it's a date.

I would not suggest going in for the 'silly'/flirty comments - especially about her 'turning into a nice girl now' - for now... that might have worked a few months ago but you've been gone, you've had a different gf and you haven't been in contact with her for a significant amount of time so approach her first with respect and as the text exchanges go along and if she meets you for coffee you'll get a better feel of when it is okay to put in the flirty comments.

Good Luck!
Reply 4
Original post by Hopefully1
Well, honestly, I'd go to her fb page and see if there are any new pics of her w/ some new guy that wasn't around 4 mos ago. Assuming she still doesn't have a boyfriend then send her a friendly text or fb message and say what the above poster suggested that _____ mentioned her name and it made you think about her and you wanted to say 'hi' and see how she is doing. Assuming that a text exchange ensues then ask if she'd be up for meeting for coffee. But please only do this if you have honorable intentions. Please don't chat her up and invite her for coffee if you're really just looking for a hook-up. That would be pretty mean actually. So, again, assuming, that you think you could kind of like this girl take her for coffee and pay for it. That kind of helps to differentiate 'buddies' from a date. Then if things go well suggest getting together again in the future.... and gage her response. Then text with her again for 2-3 days and suggest getting together to do something - dinner, a movie and drinks (whatever) - she'll know it's a date.

I would not suggest going in for the 'silly'/flirty comments - especially about her 'turning into a nice girl now' - for now... that might have worked a few months ago but you've been gone, you've had a different gf and you haven't been in contact with her for a significant amount of time so approach her first with respect and as the text exchanges go along and if she meets you for coffee you'll get a better feel of when it is okay to put in the flirty comments.

Good Luck!

Thanks for his amazing advice,

I've had a good look at her social media, she put quite a few since. Can't see any pictures with other guys.

I really want to try and hammer home, "we are not going out as buddies but more on a date"

Do you think I can go straight for dinner?
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for his amazing advice,

I've had a good look at her social media, she put quite a few since. Can't see any pictures with other guys.

I really want to try and hammer home, "we are not going out as buddies but more on a date"

Do you think I can go straight for dinner?

Sorry - I didn't see this earlier. Definitely just start w/texting and see how she responds. I'd text back and forth for a while (like hours not necessarily days) and if the texting back and forth is going well and she's not taking a day(+) to respond then there is no harm in just asking her to go to dinner w/ you. Best of Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending