Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was so excited to apply to Leeds but my teachers are always saying negative things and that I could do better. I haven't been able to visit the University but I was wondering... is there any truth to what they're saying about the course being bad?

ReputationRep:
    You’d have to find out online about other people’s experience. Also I would recommend visiting the university. It’s the only way to get a true feel of the course.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I know a few in MechEng and they all seem happy
    Bit rude to say 'you can do better', if it's where you want to go and where you think you'll be happiest then it will be best place for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iElvendork)
    I know a few in MechEng and they all seem happy
    Bit rude to say 'you can do better', if it's where you want to go and where you think you'll be happiest then it will be best place for you
    Right?! I applied the other day and i'm pretty happy about it. At least if I get an offer I can visit on the applicant day

ReputationRep:
    When I went for the open day, everyone in the engineering department was so helpful and lovely. If anything, the whole place had a nice vibe about it so hence why I'm applying

Besides that, the uni is ranked high for Mech Eng so I don't see how you could do "better" (unless you're applying for Oxbridge).
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'msoPi)
    I was so excited to apply to Leeds but my teachers are always saying negative things and that I could do better. I haven't been able to visit the University but I was wondering... is there any truth to what they're saying about the course being bad?
    Sorry for being irrelevant to the topic but can I ask what grades did u get if u got in since I am thinking to apply for this course in the future as I am a first year a level student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmic_macchiato)
    When I went for the open day, everyone in the engineering department was so helpful and lovely. If anything, the whole place had a nice vibe about it so hence why I'm applying

Besides that, the uni is ranked high for Mech Eng so I don't see how you could do "better" (unless you're applying for Oxbridge).
    Ah i'm glad you've said this - puts my mind at ease. Fingers crossed I get an offer, it would be so cool to get into to a top uni. Good luck for getting into the university of your choice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.