Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi
    im looking for a house with one friend for my second year in uni any idea how much would be an average to pay
    thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    depends which location - look on rightmove and zoopla

ReputationRep:
    I am unsure as to your area but in my area we can rent a decent size 1 1/2 bathroom, 2 bedroom, kitchen, basement, common room, TV room, and mudroom for 740-790 depending on who you are and your reputation. I've never bought a house but even in 10th grade I live on my own so i guess its good to start early

ReputationRep:
    It depends on a lot of things. How big the house you want will be, such as how big you want want kitchen to be, how big the bedrooms are. The location of house etc. Another thing if you rent a house, is that you will probably have to share it with at least one other person. Just to give you an indication, the rent for a 4 bedroom house in Winchester is £129 a week, this is per person and included all bills (gas, electric, water, wifi); but do not forget you will still need to buy food and anything else that you need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clare33xx)
    hi
    im looking for a house with one friend for my second year in uni any idea how much would be an average to pay
    thanks
    You mean rent price not actual house prices.

What university do you go to? It's entirely dependant on the area your uni is situated, for example in Wales its around £70-85 per week, whereas London is double that amount.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.