The Student Room Group

N's grow your grades thread

Attachment not found

I've seen lots of GYG threads and it looked like a lot of fun so decided to make my own!

About me
I'm currently in year 12, studying OCR Biology, AQA French and Edexcel Maths; I'm predicted B's in all three with personal targets of (at least) A's in Maths/Biology and an A* in French. My GCSE results are:

OCR Biology - B
OCR Chemistry - B
Edexcel Drama - C
AQA English Language - 7
AQA English Literature - 5
AQA French - A*
Edexcel Geography - A
Edexcel Maths - 7
Edexcel Music - B
OCR Physics - B
AQA Religious Studies - A

I know I could have done better but I left revision too late and relied on cramming! Hopefully I'll do a lot better in A Levels, as I can focus on just these subjects. We've done one set of Key Assessments and I got a B and two D's, although it was our first exposure to that style of exam! Hopefully I can get the D's up to C's or B's at least by January!

How am I finding Year 12?
It's most definitely been a challenge! :colondollar: But I really think I can get on top of it now that I know what to expect! The tests will get easier now that we've experienced a test in the A Level style, just need a bit of practice!

Interests

Singing!
Photography
Theatre
Dance
Languages in general

And, of course, watching TV shows to unwind :tongue:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by nicolepeto
I've seen lots of GYG threads and it looked like a lot of fun so decided to make my own!

I'm currently in year 12, studying OCR Biology, AQA French and Edexcel Maths; I'm predicted B's in all three with personal targets of (at least) A's in Maths/Biology and an A* in French. My GCSE results are:

•OCR Biology - B
•OCR Chemistry - B
•Edexcel Drama - C
•AQA English Language - 7
•AQA English Literature - 5
•AQA French - A*
•Edexcel Geography - A
•Edexcel Maths - 7
•Edexcel Music - B
•OCR Physics - B
•AQA Religious Studies - A

I know I could have done better but I left revision too late and relied on cramming! Hopefully I'll do a lot better in A Levels, as I can focus on just these subjects. We've done one set of Key Assessments and I got a B and two D's, although it was our first exposure to that style of exam! Hopefully I can get the D's up to C's or B's at least by January!

Good luck! Do you have an idea on what you are going to study at uni yet?

How are you going to manage your time?
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
Good luck! Do you have an idea on what you are going to study at uni yet?

How are you going to manage your time?

I'm not 100% sure! I think probably something to do with biology; but I'd love to do Biology with French or Biology with a year abroad!

I'll be staying as concentrated as possible in my frees, and keep a plan of what I have to do which I'm posting next! :smile: And of course I'll make sure to equally split my time on each subject, especially as they're so different from each other!
Reply 3

So, here's this week's update! I've stayed really well concentrated during my study periods, and have gotten so much more work done. I printed off lots of past exam questions to help me with revision, and lots of grammar sheets for French! Our next Key Assessment is in January so I'll find out if this work is paying off then!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending