Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm PRO-GUN, Change my mind. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Very simple, if you want to talk to me in private you can PM me or if you REALLY want to i can arrange a
    phone call.

Background: I'm a 15 year old American boy who is actively engaged in politics, I personally go shooting every week for fun and in the fall me and my class mates go out hunting.

Change my mind!

ReputationRep:
    What if someone shoots you in the face and your future child?

K bye.

Oh and....you're definitely not a 15 yr d boy. No 15 yr old boy would call himself a "15 yr old boy."

ReputationRep:
    Question is, why are you pro gun?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JasonS.Vincenzo)
    Very simple, if you want to talk to me in private you can PM me or if you REALLY want to i can arrange a
    phone call.

Background: I'm a 15 year old American boy who is actively engaged in politics, I personally go shooting every week for fun and in the fall me and my class mates go out hunting.

Change my mind!
    My cousin in America collects guns. It is quite interesting seeing the different guns he owns.

ReputationRep:
    I don’t think it’s an issue of pro- or anti-

I think it’s an issue of type, competency and licensing

Only a complete idiot would favour implementing an actual ban on firearms in the US.

ReputationRep:
    What guns ya got?

ReputationRep:
    phone call.

Change my mind!
    I loved guns when I was 15. I killed a lot of people when I was that age.
    Spoiler:
    Show

COD was a great game back in the day. I loved MW2.

ReputationRep:
    phone call.

Change my mind!
    Just don’t kill people okay? Can’t be that hard to do.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    No one gives a fk what your stance is on any controversial topic so I won't try to do anything. You're 15 and you're not a politician so your views, beliefs and opinions are pretty much irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilandTheo)
    No one gives a fk what your stance is on any controversial topic so I won't try to do anything. You're 15 and you're not a politician so your views, beliefs and opinions are pretty much irrelevant.
    Politicians' views are have as much logic in them as a 15 year old's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantine2016)
    Politicians' views are have as much logic in them as a 15 year old's.
    but some politicians have the ability to change things and all 15 year olds don't.

ReputationRep:
    Why do pro-gun people always come out challenging people to get them to change their mind? I've never heard someone who advocates gun control say 'I don't think there's any need for a civilian to own multiple rifles, pistols or machine guns and am in favour of sensible background checks when trying to purchase one - change my mind!'

ReputationRep:
    phone call.

Change my mind!
    Good on you man! What state are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troska)
    Good on you man! What state are you from?
    Maine, you?

ReputationRep:
    Can I point out that in a world of drones, the US government will just shoot or bomb & kill from a distance - likely from above - without ever presenting you with a conventional target? That asides enjoy your guns ownership

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almighty_crj)
    Can I point out that in a world of drones, the US government will just shoot or bomb & kill from a distance - likely from above - without ever presenting you with a conventional target? That asides enjoy your guns ownership
    In this situation you must be talking about some sort of civil war against the government?

ReputationRep:
    Owning a gun significantly increases your chances of being killed by a gun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    Owning a gun significantly increases your chances of being killed by a gun.
    Owning a car significantly increases the chance of being killed by a car.

37000 deaths in 2012 from cars,
    32000 deaths in 2012 from guns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    Why do pro-gun people always come out challenging people to get them to change their mind? I've never heard someone who advocates gun control say 'I don't think there's any need for a civilian to own multiple rifles, pistols or machine guns and am in favour of sensible background checks when trying to purchase one - change my mind!'
    Because pro-gun people are open to discussion based on facts and statistics whereas anti-gun people only care about emotions.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Owning a car significantly increases the chance of being killed by a car.

37000 deaths in 2012 from cars,
    32000 deaths in 2012 from guns.
    This argument is often made by those who are pro-gun ownership and it really is an unconvincing one.

Clearly there is a fundamental need for people in a society to get from a to b and therefore a need for motor vehicles. Society could not function if people couldn't get from a to b.

On the other hand, there is no compelling societal reason why ordinary citizens should have guns. There is no benefit they bring which outweighs the problems they cause.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.