Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslim with a crush on a white guy. Please help me. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm an 18 year old Muslim girl and I have a HUGE crush on this handsome white guy in my class - how do I approach him? Please help me.

Lol this is going to be fun
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    why are you stating your religion and his race as if there's an issue or its conflicting to you? if there is, don't waste anyones time. it's 2017, absolutely no one has time for that but if there isn't find something that'll help spark up a convo between you and him. that'd be a first

ReputationRep:
    Since when is being 'white' a religion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohanGRK)
    He put his race not his religion read what he put properly lol

New member with 3 posts and all about whether people would date muslim girls.

Obvious troll account.

ReputationRep:
    is he Muslim doe

ReputationRep:
    inb4 anons claiming it's haram and saying nothing else useful

Whites tend not to be Muslims, and Muslim x none Muslim relationships are funky territory. Not sure if it's even relevant tho given OP has provided no context whatsoever

ReputationRep:
    Reading comprehension isn't your strongest point, is it?

ReputationRep:
    Reveal yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazee__)
    He put his race not his religion read what he put properly lol
    (Original post by Elise213)
    Reading comprehension isn't your strongest point, is it?
    Yes, yes, I know that she wrote 'white' as a reference to race. The problem is that it was written in a way which connoted religion.

Presumably, the sticking point here is that the person she's into is non-Muslim, not that they are of a particular ethnicity. This means that 'White' is to be taken as a proxy for 'non-Muslim'. Not only is it a terrible proxy that relies on dubious as hell standards of who counts as 'White', but it would have been much more straightforward for them to simply refer to the other person's religion straight from the start. That's my objection to using one identity as a way of implying another.

ReputationRep:
    What do you want us to say?
    I know tons of Muslims guys with huge crushes on white girls, it’s not a big deal.
    Have you ever even talked to him?
    If yes, then do what you want really. No one can guide on what to do.
    Also does he find you attractive?
    That’s the big question, no point chasing something that won’t be.
    Also keep in mind, with recent events going on with Muslims, non Muslims are very reluctant to approach a Muslim in a romantic way.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Just walk up to him and start talking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    Just walk up to him and start talking.
    Thanks, I will do when I see him today. The main reason why i'm worried is because some I know that some white guys where I live (I live in Bradford btw) are against muslims and I am concerened I could get a terrible reaction. But I have a feeling that my crush is'nt though - I did catch him smiling at me last week! I think I will just have to pluck up courage and talk to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleena_)
    Thanks, I will do when I see him today. The main reason why i'm worried is because some I know that some white guys where I live (I live in Bradford btw) are against muslims and I am concerened I could get a terrible reaction. But I have a feeling that my crush is'nt though - I did catch him smiling at me last week! I think I will just have to pluck up courage and talk to him.
    nah hes not going to attack you or anything. if he doesn't like you because you're muslim he'll simply reject you. most guys who don't like muslims don't like the muslim guys

ReputationRep:
    If nothing else he'll definitely want to shag you once x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys. I plucked up the courage to approach him today and it went really well! He admitted that he liked me and invited me to go round to his house tonight while his parents are out. I can't wait as no guy has ever admitted to being attracted to me before . I'm so glad that I did it and I hope that this encourages everyone to not worry about rejection or prejudice when asking a person you like out as you could be missing out on a great relationship.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.