The Student Room Group

Which college??

I've done a lot of research into each oxford college, but it has made me even more confused.
My application will be for 2019 entry, so I still have some time to decide.
Does anyone have any advice for me regarding Oxbridge? Thank you!!! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by plasmodesmateve
I've done a lot of research into each oxford college, but it has made me even more confused.

I’m applying this year, and my best advice would be to go to an open day, shortlist any you may be interested in, then look around as many as you can. I must have gone to about 9 back in June on the open day, and doing that instantly gave me a feeling as to whether I thought that I could see myself applying there or not... Good luck with it all!
Original post by plasmodesmateve

Your subject(s) will eliminate some. What is important to you wil decide how to compare colleges, but some things to consider are:
- Do you want accommodation for all years of your course? Some colleges can offer that, some can't;
- Accommodation and food prices - they vary a surprising amount;
- Location relative to the relevant department(s) and activities that you enjoy;
- Character of the college;
- Number of places for your degree;
- Number of tutors for your subject(s);
- etc

I'd also visit if you can. If you don't have a strong opinion, you can always go for an open application, where you will be assigned to a college to even-out the applicants per place.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by gd99
I’m applying this year, and my best advice would be to go to an open day, shortlist any you may be interested in, then look around as many as you can. I must have gone to about 9 back in June on the open day, and doing that instantly gave me a feeling as to whether I thought that I could see myself applying there or not... Good luck with it all!

We would endorse this advice!

The dates for your diary are are Wed 27 June, Thu 28 June, and Fri 14 September 2018.

https://www.bnc.ox.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate-admissions/open-days

https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/visiting-and-outreach/open-days?wssl=1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending