Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What should I do for my gap year before going into my Computer Science degree Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am currently applying for deferred entry this year for computer science (otherwise go into clearing or apply next year due to my predicted grades). I will be doing a gap year as I don’t study Comp sci for a levels in hopes of ‘catching up’ on the basic knowledge and principles. I am currently learning languages such as java and python but I would like to work on a few projects in my gap year or maybe find some work experience. I’d like to know where I should start off like what sort of projects I could do, book recommendations etc.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    What you are currently doing looks good, keep learning to the best of your ability. A real relevant job will help a lot with both applying to uni's and jobs after that.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.