Turn on thread page Beta

What should I do for my gap year before going into my Computer Science degree watch

ReputationRep:
    I am currently applying for deferred entry this year for computer science (otherwise go into clearing or apply next year due to my predicted grades). I will be doing a gap year as I don’t study Comp sci for a levels in hopes of ‘catching up’ on the basic knowledge and principles. I am currently learning languages such as java and python but I would like to work on a few projects in my gap year or maybe find some work experience. I’d like to know where I should start off like what sort of projects I could do, book recommendations etc.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    What you are currently doing looks good, keep learning to the best of your ability. A real relevant job will help a lot with both applying to uni's and jobs after that.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.