Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

24, Lost in life and not sure about what to do watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

So I'm basically 24 and been unemployed for two months now. Ever since, I have been unemployed life has taken a toll for the worse and I am now really lost in life. When I was younger I wanted to become a software developer and so I went to university to study Computer Science. I graduated like a year ago with a First Class degree and then found employment six months after. However, it was a temporary contract and I worked there for eight months. Now I am struggling and honestly don't know what to do in life. Been applying like crazy and not have any friends. I know I am struggling from depression however I have been fighting it by going to the gym.

People I know are doing well in life

ReputationRep:
    My advice would be to chill out and go see the world for a while. You're young, 24 is no age. You will be working until you are 70. Go enjoy life.

ReputationRep:
    if you do not enjoy working for other people why not set up on your own doing web design etc. ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    if you do not enjoy working for other people why not set up on your own doing web design etc. ?
    you give him that suggestion but not me ??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aohwow90)
    My advice would be to chill out and go see the world for a while. You're young, 24 is no age. You will be working until you are 70. Go enjoy life.
    I really wish I could but I can't

I'm the oldest in my family and need to support my parents and siblings. One of my siblings is not so well and needs caring so I am like his carer and plus they rely on me.

The thing is, employers don't seem to value graduates who take a break or go on holiday. I went on holiday for two months last year and literally some employers were like why are there gaps in your CV

I'm trying to chill out but I'm broke at the same time. I really wish I could leave home and live out - even at university I was living at home. My parents didn't like the idea of me moving out and to be honest I can't see myself living out - only a matter of time when I have to come back.

I do wish I had older siblings in life as I believe I may have been guided a lot better and been allowed to explore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    I do enjoy working for people, its just that I'm unemployed at the moment.

That being said I see myself being self-employed within the next 10 years.

ReputationRep:
    ah yeah self development; no fap, gym, learn **** read proper books i would suggest how to win friends and influence ppl to learn how to talk to ppl like a man and what everyone is saying to learn how to read ppl mainly women body language its eye opening, attract women with honesty, solution to social anxiety. podcasts; tonnes of business ones tony robbins be good start. watch decent ppl on youtube eric thomas (pretty much god imo), based zeus (literally is god yeah if u were to do any of this check out based zeus), elliot hulse, buff dudes etc. infinite waters, practice psychology, improvement pill, alpha m, all the no fap vloggers e.g. flocka tv and truth of youtube. rsd tyler, how to beast etc, be inspired all those motivation videos, ted talks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.