Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you say is the least snobby Russell Group uni? Watch

What university, either a Russell group or a uni to a similar standard, would you say has the least amount of snobs? Obviously I know there are upper class students at every uni, but what uni would you say has a normal feel to it rather than a "Rah" feel to it?

ReputationRep:
    This is a fairly daft question, as anyone answering it will only have been to one Uni and they are not likely to regard it as 'snobby' (whatever you think that means).

Or are you just trying to stir up trouble?

(And why are you posting this question in 'Relationships'?)

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to select your uni based on the courses available for what you want to study and, of course, for where you can get in. I appreciate that there is a lot of concern about 'rah' - snobby - students but honestly as you said yourself every uni will have some but I think for the majority of students being around others acting like the stereo-typical 'rah' student really doesn't happen (or not often) no matter what uni you attend.

Most people at uni, whether they come from money or not, are really nice and just want to have a good uni experience like you do. There will be so many different types of people attending the uni you choose that the the 'rah's' you're speaking of will just be some in a very large not 'rah' crowd. I would definitely advise that you live on campus wherever your go if that is at all possible for you because your whole uni experience will be much better and you'll meet a lot more (diverse) people living in accommodation the first year.

Then you can select the society and or sports teams you'd like to participate in and if you don't click you don't have to keep attending and find some other society to attend.

Visit campuses and see where you get a good vibe. Every campus will be unique and offer something different. There are many reasons to attend a university but choosing not to attend one because of the potential of a certain group of people being there would be a mistake.

Well as I write this it makes me think of the University of Glasgow. Would you mind going to uni in Scotland? Glasgow has a wonderful reputation for being a very friendly campus (and of course it is beautiful) and the city itself has the same friendly reputation. Good luck finding the right uni for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What university, either a Russell group or a uni to a similar standard, would you say has the least amount of snobs? Obviously I know there are upper class students at every uni, but what uni would you say has a normal feel to it rather than a "Rah" feel to it?
    It would depend on each uni and course and such. Best to just visit places during open days and such and see which you like the feeling of.

I'm doing my degree at Cardiff University right now and I've only met a couple of snobby people. Most are totally fine.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.