The Student Room Group

Further degree for English

I’m debating whether to drop my current course and do an English degree so that I can teach it on to other people. How would anyone suggest doing this or going about it?
Original post by peachesandsmiles
I’m debating whether to drop my current course and do an English degree so that I can teach it on to other people. How would anyone suggest doing this or going about it?

What are you studying now and why are you wanting to drop it? This is not something to take lightly so please think long and hard about what you want to do. Studying English is not about teaching it to other people. It's about studying the language and literature in detail so make sure you're fully aware of what you will be studying. To teach English you will either need to do an English as a Foreign language course or a PGCE (secondary teaching).
I’m doing multimedia journalism and because it’s something that simply doesn’t take my interest as much anymore, I know it’s not about teaching people but I do want to teach it
Would you be going for first year entry or later? If it's first year then treat it like a new application. You need to contact unis directly for second year entry.
Ok thanks, it’ll be for first year. But thanks for the advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending