Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The smell is coming from the kitchen and it makes the whole hallway smell gross and of course t then seeps into your rooms.. it smells of bad food like bad bins it's so unpleasant and it literally makes me gag! I have left a note complaining but everyone just ignores it and they're all quite unsociable. I may be quite a clean freak but I literally have to buy 3 air fresheners and leave my window open in my room all night when it's freezing because I hate the smell. The smell is making me so depressed and agitated, I literally feel so sick cause of it. Also whenever someone cooks a really pungent smell creeps in too. every time I go into the kitchen I open the window but someone always closes it!! I don't understand how these people are living like this and I don't want to keep moaning at them.. shall I go and tell reception because I'm paying a lot of money for my flat to stink :-(

ReputationRep:
    You can try alerting reception to the issue, but I'm not sure there's much that can be done about it. It's a pretty common theme in university halls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wifty)
    You can try alerting reception to the issue, but I'm not sure there's much that can be done about it. It's a pretty common theme in university halls.
    But I can't keep getting headaches and gagging every time I come in! I have been to other flats in my accommodation and they don't smell bad

ReputationRep:
    If it's your kitchen go and clean it. If it's the bins then just take them out, the reception won't do anything and it's better to spend 5 minutes taking the bins out than deal with the smell. If it's not the bins then work out what it is - is it from someone's cupboard, the oven, the sink, etc and clean that out. If there's mouldy food just throw it out.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.