Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone here has come across MThree Consulting or work for them on their alumni roles.

I came across a few adverts from them surrounding Graduate Software Engineers and Graduate Production Support Engineers. Was just wondering what it is like working for them and whether there are any clauses like FDM whereby you are tied to them for a number of years and leaving early means you got to pay for training etc.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wa5ted)
    Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone here has come across MThree Consulting or work for them on their alumni roles.

I came across a few adverts from them surrounding Graduate Software Engineers and Graduate Production Support Engineers. Was just wondering what it is like working for them and whether there are any clauses like FDM whereby you are tied to them for a number of years and leaving early means you got to pay for training etc.
    That sort of thing is not unusual if they are paying for expensive formal training but it's the sort of thing that will come up in the contract. You may also be able to ask about it at interview if you have a good relationship with the interviewers and ask nicely.

shadowdweller was recently looking for grad roles in this area and may have come across this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    That sort of thing is not unusual if they are paying for expensive formal training but it's the sort of thing that will come up in the contract. You may also be able to ask about it at interview if you have a good relationship with the interviewers and ask nicely.

shadowdweller was recently looking for grad roles in this area and may have come across this?
    Thanks for getting back to me on this.

I have still applied regardless and believe that I have nothing to lose. I mean at least I will be working somewhere for two years with some money coming in. The main thing for me is experience and contact I guess and sometimes money can't pay a price for things like that especially when you are young . I know they are recruiting in London which is exactly what I want
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)

I haven't come across this particular scheme myself, but I did apply to FDM, who explained fairly early on in the process and explained that clause to ensure people were happy to proceed with the application; if MThree has the same thing, I'd hope they'd make it clear to applicants early on in the same manner, so that you can make an informed decision.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    wa5ted FYI above

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    I haven't come across this particular scheme myself, but I did apply to FDM, who explained fairly early on in the process and explained that clause to ensure people were happy to proceed with the application; if MThree has the same thing, I'd hope they'd make it clear to applicants early on in the same manner, so that you can make an informed decision.
    Yeah FDM tried contacting me a few times however I was simply not interested. I heard a lot of negative things about them such as them demanding up to £20K from candidates leaving early and what not. Also heard that you are literally shipped anywhere in the UK and you must go so I strayed away.

I know there are a lot of agencies out there that are willing to help graduates but at a cost. I've been through this route before and wasn't a huge fan of it. But in this case, I guess I got to take the risk

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.