Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

rant: absolutely hate going to the supermarket, anyone else? Watch

I just got back from the supermarket and it it the thing I hate most about the week. I wanted bananas, or I thought I wanted bananas but wasn't sure if that was my thought or not so then I had to pick the bananas but there was so many - how do you decide which ones??? Like I grabbed a bunch but was that the one I was meant to grab? So put them back. But then was I meant to put them back? I kept second guessing trying to work out which were safe. I must've been there a good 5 minutes picking up different bunches of bananas. I'm still not sure I got the safe ones.

Then there's the people. All of them with their trolleys staring at you and whispering about what you're buying. It's like I don't judge you and your 4 frozen pizzas so why are you so interested in me? They walk SO SLOWLY too. I want to be as quick as possible but everyone walks like they're in church or something.

This is my "everyday issue".

ReputationRep:
    Are you mentally okay? I can’t imagine any normal person is so self conscious and has so much difficulty just grabbing a bunch of bananas.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It is essential to choose the right banana :yep:

That's why you should personally go shopping to check them out. It's a beautiful shopping experience.

ReputationRep:
    I actually feel the same. I'm a functioning agoraphobe. You're prob also not used to shopping on your own.

(Original post by Salt Queen)
    I actually feel the same. I'm a functioning agoraphobe. You're prob also not used to shopping on your own.
    Oh it's even worse when I'm on my own. I don't know what are my thoughts and what aren't so end up with really random **** while trying to outsmart them. Try making something with clementines, chocolate milk and rice.

I was with my gf today who sent me on banana duty. Which made it even worse, I didn't want to disappoint her by getting the wrong ones.

But yes, thank you for feeling the same. I thought it would be empty at this time on a Tuesday but there was still too many people.

(Original post by starfab)
    It is essential to choose the right banana :yep:

That's why you should personally go shopping to check them out. It's a beautiful shopping experience.
    Have you been to an actual banana plantation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Oh it's even worse when I'm on my own. I don't know what are my thoughts and what aren't so end up with really random **** while trying to outsmart them. Try making something with clementines, chocolate milk and rice.

I was with my gf today who sent me on banana duty. Which made it even worse, I didn't want to disappoint her by getting the wrong ones.

But yes, thank you for feeling the same. I thought it would be empty at this time on a Tuesday but there was still too many people.
    You really need to get over that. How old are you? I'm 25 and have vague leftover feelings like this after forcing it out of myself about 10 years ago 😐. But you can imagine with my hair how many stares I get. Consider separation anxiety or social anxiety.

ReputationRep:
    Have you been to an actual banana plantation?
    :teehee: this made me laugh

(Original post by Salt Queen)
    You really need to get over that. How old are you? I'm 25 and have vague leftover feelings Luke this after forcing it out of myself about 10 years ago 😐. But you can imagine with my hair how many stares I get.
    I'm 29.

What's wrong with your hair?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 29.

What's wrong with your hair?
    😂😂 just look at it. its really big 😃😄. Can you see it? #headturner

And. Oh. Dear 🙊 29 you say...what happened? Why do you feel this way..

You're either from a small town and in a bigger place and scared or have a social disorder.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like online delivery is meant for you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    What a horrible situation to be in, I'm sure people in Somalia are glad they don't have to go through the ordeal you go through.

ReputationRep:
    online shopping works for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laissez‒faire)
    What a horrible situation to be in, I'm sure people in Somalia are glad they don't have to go through the ordeal you go through.
    :sly: how ridiculous lmao

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.