Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Already started an LLB at KCL but had to suspend my studies due to anxiety so either way I will have to restart in 2018. One of the factors that lead to my anxiety was living away from home. I've until January to reapply for law for entry in 2018. I haven't applied yet but I'm pretty sure I'd get an offer from Warwick considering I did last year but chose KCL. If I went to Warwick I'd commute and get to live at home and I think that would hugely impact my grade. The only thing really keeping me at KCL is the fact I'm a scholar so get free accommodation first year, a mentor programme and £15000 and perhaps the prestige. Which is better do you think for job prospects? Would I be completely stupid to throw away what I already have secured at KCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OkashiAddict)
    Already started an LLB at KCL but had to suspend my studies due to anxiety so either way I will have to restart in 2018. One of the factors that lead to my anxiety was living away from home. I've until January to reapply for law for entry in 2018. I haven't applied yet but I'm pretty sure I'd get an offer from Warwick considering I did last year but chose KCL. If I went to Warwick I'd commute and get to live at home and I think that would hugely impact my grade. The only thing really keeping me at KCL is the fact I'm a scholar so get free accommodation first year, a mentor programme and £15000 and perhaps the prestige. Which is better do you think for job prospects? Would I be completely stupid to throw away what I already have secured at KCL?
    Honestly, you have to weigh up the time and energy lost through commuting (how far do you have to commute?), with the continued anxiety at KCL.

I'd personally stay at KCL for the incredible scholarship benefits it seems to be offering you, but then again I don't know how debilitating the anxiety is. I wouldn't imagine that employment prospects would vary too much between the two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohanGRK)
    Honestly, you have to weigh up the time and energy lost through commuting (how far do you have to commute?), with the continued anxiety at KCL.

I'd personally stay at KCL for the incredible scholarship benefits it seems to be offering you, but then again I don't know how debilitating the anxiety is. I wouldn't imagine that employment prospects would vary too much between the two.
    40 min commute, it's not bad at all compared to all the **** I've been through studying in London so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OkashiAddict)
    40 min commute, it's not bad at all compared to all the **** I've been through studying in London so far
    What did you go through? Was this the cause of your anxiety?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.