The Student Room Group

How much money do you have left for food, going out etc?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Salt Queen
Don't mock me :smile:

I'm not.

I'm just really bad at flirting. :colondollar:
Original post by 408655
I'm not.

I'm just really bad at flirting. :colondollar:

Flirting with someone "evil"?
Reply 22
Flirting with someone "evil"?

Evil is good. :u:

I may, however, have been influenced by watching the minions movie.
My student loan leaves me £150aweek after rent
Reply 24
How?? Lol I never saw it...

You should. :colonhash: You're like the lady in the red dress and dark hair, she's ones of the villains. :colondollar:
Original post by 408655
You should. :colonhash: You're like the lady in the red dress and dark hair, she's ones of the villains. :colondollar:

I googled it. You're insulting me. Go away.
Reply 26
I googled it. You're insulting me. Go away.

Lol I thought she was pretty
Original post by showaeski
Excluding rent payments, bills and tuition fees, how much of your loan/money you make goes on your food, clothes, drinks, taxis etc.
Please answer per term/year if you can. + do you ever go into your overdraft?

I spend around £20 a week on Food, more or less depending on how much is left in my fridge or if my parents have come. Although my parents give me £40 a month which I load on to a card specifically to buy hot food when I'm on campus (it's expensive af for everyday though so I bring in food I've cooked occasionally cus we have a common room I can heat it up in)

I don't spend money on clothes at uni.

Maybe around £20 when we go out as a flat for food, I don't drink so can't factor in the costs of that. As long as you don't spend £100 in 1 day on giving random people drinks like the French girl did in the next flat you'll be fine. Just factor in a bottle whatever you like to have for pre drinks.

Per term from maintenance I tend to have around £1000 left after paying for my accomodation which I can tell will last me 10 weeks.

I've never gone in to my overdraft the only people I know that do are the ones that go partying every night.
When I take my rent out of my student loan, I'm living off £150 a month for food, toileteries, study resources, clothes, drinks, transport, etc. Which adds up to roughly £600 a term. Sounds like a lot but the cost of living in London is high, especially the area I'm in. Plus, my course requires a lot of additional materials - hard drives, SD / micro cards, etc.

I don't go into overdraft because I don't have a safe limit. I'm thankfully only gifted at budgeting.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending