Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got any recommendations for unis for policing degrees?
    I’ve looked at:
    Liverpool John Moores- Policing Studies
    Chester- Community Policing and Criminal Investigation
    Cumbria- Professional Policing

Ideally I want just a “straightforward” policing degree, not a combined degree (like policing with forensic psychology for example).

I’ve not decided about living in or living at home, if I live in I won’t be able to insure my car, where as if I live at home I will be able to insure my car and drive once I’ve passed my test. But then I kind of want to live in for the experience, but then it’s really expensive 🤔

Any advice or help is welcome, I’m meant to have applied to ucas by the end of this week 😬
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duke2908)
    I’ve looked at:

Ideally I want just a “straightforward” policing degree, not a combined degree (like policing with forensic psychology for example).

I’ve not decided about living in or living at home, if I live in I won’t be able to insure my car, where as if I live at home I will be able to insure my car and drive once I’ve passed my test. But then I kind of want to live in for the experience, but then it’s really expensive 🤔

Any advice or help is welcome, I’m meant to have applied to ucas by the end of this week 😬
    It terms of the money, I'd say you have a choice between a car and uni experience.

I'm having a look for policing courses now then I'll try to work out where the best forum for your enquiry is.

Is it your intention to stay in the North West?:holmes:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duke2908)
    I’ve looked at:

Edge Hill, DeMontfort and Derby all have these courses I believe. As do York St. John and Sheffield Hallam (the last one may be slightly different).
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Moving you into Social and Political Sciences now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    It terms of the money, I'd say you have a choice between a car and uni experience.

I'm having a look for policing courses now then I'll try to work out where the best forum for your enquiry is.

Is it your intention to stay in the North West?:holmes:
    Thank you! And I know, it seems to be driving, or having the uni experience 😩
    To be honest I’m not really too fussed where abouts, if there’s somewhere I really like that isn’t in the North West I would move

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.