The Student Room Group

£80 fine if I don't register my identity to vote?

So, I never completed my electoral roll registration in the last election as I had bigger issues in my life. Today, I get a form asking for proof of identity or I will be issued an £80 fine.

I am happy to provide proof but the thing is, I don't have everything they ask for in each of their sections. All I have is my passport, birth certificate and a pension letter. Is that enough proof, how much do I need?

Their form is unclear as to whether I need just name ID and address ID or multiple.
Reply 1
Original post by paigehan0
So, I never completed my electoral roll registration in the last election as I had bigger issues in my life. Today, I get a form asking for proof of identity or I will be issued an £80 fine.

I am happy to provide proof but the thing is, I don't have everything they ask for in each of their sections. All I have is my passport, birth certificate and a pension letter. Is that enough proof, how much do I need?

Their form is unclear as to whether I need just name ID and address ID or multiple.

Proof of ID is typically one form of photo ID to prove your name, and another for proof of address.

What does the form request?
Reply 2
Original post by IWMTom
Proof of ID is typically one form of photo ID to prove your name, and another for proof of address.

What does the form request?

This is what it asks. Sorry for the quality, it's from my webcam.Screenshot 2017-11-15 at 1.12.37 AM.jpg
Reply 3
This is what it asks. Sorry for the quality, it's from my webcam.Screenshot 2017-11-15 at 1.12.37 AM.jpg

Looks like providing your passport is all you need to prove your identity.

:lol: your passport is all you need.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending