The Student Room Group

Zimbabwe

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThatOldGuy
Because the army is taking out Mugabe. Robert Mugabe is a bad man and I have no idea how to feel about this.

A junta is terrible. But... Robert Mugabe. But a military takeover. But Robert Mugabe.

On the whole, since Robert Mugabe was so old I think it's a bad thing as he would have passed on soon. But... Robert Mugabe is a terrible person.

Original post by Good bloke
Well, no. The army is taking out the likely prospect of Grace Mugabe succeeding her husband, and she has fled to Namibia, apparently. She and her allies have been removing competitors who, unfortunately for her, well in with the army.

It remains to be seen whether any of them will actually be any different from Mugabe himself, who placed them all.

I have to say that I had mixed feelings as Robert Mugabe's regime has killed thousands. I want to see proper democratic elections and the end of Mugabe's rule.
Original post by KingHarold
I want to see proper democratic elections and the end of Mugabe's rule.

That is unlikely to happen. Zanu-PF will remain in charge - effectively a one party state - and it is just a matter of whether the old guard is in charge or Grace Mugabe's lot. Neither is likely to bring changes, especially not proper democracy or an end to corruption.
Original post by Ladbants
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-41992351

Not an important or significant country really, but the president is legit jokes and the typical African dictator type so will be interesting to see whether twitter can get some good memes out of this

Please do not insult my home country Robert Mugabe for life.

Quick Reply

Latest