The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University Opinions

Helloooo.

I’m hoping to apply to Birmingham, Sussex, Nottingham, Reading and Kent however stupidly the only one I’ve been to visit is Birmingham. I think Birmingham is going to be my first choice but I still would like to have a good idea about the others.

I want to send off my application this week, so I need to have a good idea of the unis, I will probably go and visit them after I’ve sent off the application but I want to have a good idea before I do.

If anyone who’s visited/attends these unis could tell me about whether it’s all on campus or spread across the city, what the accommodation is like and anything I would need to know in order to apply to these unis!

Thank you so much :smile:
I live near to Sussex, it is a lovely part of the world. The university is in Brighton by the sea. Has lovely accommodation.

I also know someone at Kent who absolutely loves it.

The one I can tell you the most about is Nottingham, as I have applied there myself. It is just outside the city with beautiful open green spaces and grounds. The accommodation was all refurbished last year and is amazing. Would definitely recommend!!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you so much for this! I’m honestly having the worst panic about where to apply but this actually really helped thank you!

Original post by Ddraigdwr2
I live near to Sussex, it is a lovely part of the world. The university is in Brighton by the sea. Has lovely accommodation.

I also know someone at Kent who absolutely loves it.

The one I can tell you the most about is Nottingham, as I have applied there myself. It is just outside the city with beautiful open green spaces and grounds. The accommodation was all refurbished last year and is amazing. Would definitely recommend!!
Original post by mollie155
Thank you so much for this! I’m honestly having the worst panic about where to apply but this actually really helped thank you!

You're welcome!! Good luck with your application!!
Original post by mollie155
Helloooo.

I’m hoping to apply to Birmingham, Sussex, Nottingham, Reading and Kent however stupidly the only one I’ve been to visit is Birmingham. I think Birmingham is going to be my first choice but I still would like to have a good idea about the others.

I want to send off my application this week, so I need to have a good idea of the unis, I will probably go and visit them after I’ve sent off the application but I want to have a good idea before I do.

If anyone who’s visited/attends these unis could tell me about whether it’s all on campus or spread across the city, what the accommodation is like and anything I would need to know in order to apply to these unis!

Thank you so much :smile:

Hi, I'm also applying to uni this year and have applied to Nottingham and Kent on your list :smile: I've visited Nottingham and was very impressed by the organisation of the open day and accommodation (Jubilee Campus), along with my course talks. I've also seen the main campus which is beautiful, and the tram system is pretty awesome :biggrin:

In terms of Kent I haven't actually visited it but the course I'm looking at seems to be well organised, and one of my friends visited - she was particularly impressed by the support system and campus of the university :smile: from information I've had in my application so far they seem to be quite well organised as well which is a plus :wink:

For Reading I haven't visited the uni itself but live fairly near so can tell you a bit about the place - it's central with a main train station so very easy (in my opinion) to get to - it also links with Paddington, Waterloo, Birmingham, Southampton etc. The place itself isn't the prettiest, however there's a recent regeneration of the riverside (shops by the Thames) going on which is an improvement. The shopping street has a lot of decent shops and eating places (including a huge new primark directly in its centre) and the mall has more shops in it. Don't really know much about the sports but I know that there's a football stadium somewhere as well (tbh I mainly go in for shopping if it wasn't already obvious :colondollar:)

Sorry I can't help you any more with the actual uni and the other two but I hope this helps :wink:
Reply 5
Thank you so so much! This was really helpful. I decided I think I’m going to take Reading off of my choices but I’m hearing really good things about Nottingham and Kent so I’m definitely applying there. Thank you so much and good luck with your application!

Original post by CompSci2018
Hi, I'm also applying to uni this year and have applied to Nottingham and Kent on your list :smile: I've visited Nottingham and was very impressed by the organisation of the open day and accommodation (Jubilee Campus), along with my course talks. I've also seen the main campus which is beautiful, and the tram system is pretty awesome :biggrin:

In terms of Kent I haven't actually visited it but the course I'm looking at seems to be well organised, and one of my friends visited - she was particularly impressed by the support system and campus of the university :smile: from information I've had in my application so far they seem to be quite well organised as well which is a plus :wink:

For Reading I haven't visited the uni itself but live fairly near so can tell you a bit about the place - it's central with a main train station so very easy (in my opinion) to get to - it also links with Paddington, Waterloo, Birmingham, Southampton etc. The place itself isn't the prettiest, however there's a recent regeneration of the riverside (shops by the Thames) going on which is an improvement. The shopping street has a lot of decent shops and eating places (including a huge new primark directly in its centre) and the mall has more shops in it. Don't really know much about the sports but I know that there's a football stadium somewhere as well (tbh I mainly go in for shopping if it wasn't already obvious :colondollar:)

Sorry I can't help you any more with the actual uni and the other two but I hope this helps :wink:
Reply 6
Thank you! You too :smile:
Original post by Ddraigdwr2
You're welcome!! Good luck with your application!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending