The Student Room Group
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

what to bring to uni

what items can I expect to find already in my accommodation? when I arrive there I'm staying in halls at walsall campus.I wan't to have a good idea of what I need to buy and bring before I move in jan 2018.Also I want to buy some books so I can start to read up beforehand.I'm studying children's nursing what books will I need? anyone from last year or just started in september that could tell me that info would be very much appreciated thank you.

CT: What to take to uni - the ultimate guide
(edited 5 years ago)
I don't know about your university specifically, but this is for general information.

If you are travelling by car, you can bring more things.
Things you would typically need to bring:
- a few sets of clothes/shoes/etc.
- bedding (pillow, mattress, covers, sheets)
- towels and toiletries
- some cookware (a few pans), plates.bowls, cutlery
- laptop
- stationery

In your accommodation, there isn't a lot there, just the essentials. In your room, there would be furniture (desk, wardrobe, bed). In your kitchen, you might have a kettle, microwave and toaster. You can always double check when you have your accommodation confirmed.

In terms of books, I would go to Amazon or Ebay as you can usually get a good discount. You could also look on Facebook groups of your course to see if older students are selling their textbooks second hand. Have you been given a reading list?
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
thank u thats so helpful I will wait for a reading list before I buy books and yeah defo second hand books will save money.

Quick Reply

Latest