Moaqra
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I just wanted to ask if a 'certificate of higher education' holds any value in today's society.

I've got my Gcses and A levels and i did complete a year at university but then dropped out during second year. I do have a valid reason for dropping out. I was involved in a road traffic collision in which i sustained a traumatic brain injury.

So I just wanted to ask if my 'certificate of higher education' holds any value and can it assist in me obtaining a job.

Thank you
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Moaqra)
Hi,

I just wanted to ask if a 'certificate of higher education' holds any value in today's society.

I've got my Gcses and A levels and i did complete a year at university but then dropped out during second year. I do have a valid reason for dropping out. I was involved in a road traffic collision in which i sustained a traumatic brain injury.

So I just wanted to ask if my 'certificate of higher education' holds any value and can it assist in me obtaining a job.

Thank you
It is what it is. Most employers dont know about it as its not a well known qualification. The only employer ive heard of accepting are any of the armed forces.

Probably not the best judge so contact national careers or just google indeed and see if any jobs mention it.

You might be able to use the credits for another degree. Hope you recover. Hope you got sufficient compensation.

Is there any chance you will get better so you can finish your/ a degree or continue education?
Moaqra
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
It is what it is. Most employers dont know about it as its not a well known qualification. The only employer ive heard of accepting are any of the armed forces.

Probably not the best judge so contact national careers or just google indeed and see if any jobs mention it.

You might be able to use the credits for another degree. Hope you recover. Hope you got sufficient compensation.

Is there any chance you will get better so you can finish your/ a degree or continue education?
Thank you.
I have obtained 120 credits in total.

Well the doctors are predicting a full recovery, although set to take some time.

If i wanted to (when recovered), could I go back to my university and start of with level 5 with the certificate?

Thanks
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Moaqra)
Thank you.
I have obtained 120 credits in total.

Well the doctors are predicting a full recovery, although set to take some time.

If i wanted to (when recovered), could I go back to my university and start of with level 5 with the certificate?

Thanks
Depends on time frame and their discretion. At the moment you appear to have officially left, so you would need to reapply abd they may or may not let you proceed to year 2.

Alternatively you could start a fresh degree elsewhere.

My advice is to get medical evidence of the accident being linked to why you left plus keep any official documentation confirming formal withdrawal by your uni. You may need that in future for SFE so keep it safe.
Sebastian, L
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
120 credits for a passed CertHeSee http://www.port.ac.uk/careersandrecr...430,en.pdfThis may be at the discretion of the university however, It is the case for the university posted above, however this may not be universal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (226)
60.92%
No (77)
20.75%
Not sure (68)
18.33%

Watched Threads