TechnoWiz123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Above, I have started physics and do enjoy it, however i am struggling a lot. I seem to be able to understand some parts of the topic. When it comes to the topic test i get like D's and E's, mainly because i dont fully understand the question. I have been revising for topic tests but i just don't know why i can't get around it. Is this something that happens at the beggining of the course, will it get better overtime. I'm hoping to get a high predicted grade and if i keep getting d's its unlikely to happen. Could someone leave any suggestions on how to improve, perhaps better revision guides/student books, websites etc or what to do to improve.
Also, i do AQA physics and sorry for the long post
Hasham123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
this happens to me at the start of the year and now I've gotten a lot better I would recommend just doing a lot of practise questions
Hasham123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
would recommend Jim Breithaupt aqa physics 2nd edition book it's aqa approved and is really good
TechnoWiz123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hasham123)
this happens to me at the start of the year and now I've gotten a lot better I would recommend just doing a lot of practise questions
Hopefully i do improve, yeah i should do practice questions so i get an understanding of how they are asked, thanks
TechnoWiz123
Rep:
?
would recommend Jim Breithaupt aqa physics 2nd edition book it's aqa approved and is really good
I will have at a look at it and buy it this weekend if its better than the cgp one. Thanks
R2D2IsASith
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I also do AQA Physics and back in AS I had a similar thing, I found it quite hard (Especially mechanics) and It continued through out the year until i actually started doing proper practice with exam questions. But don't worry, you just gotta work.

I recommend writing notes on the spec to get an idea of what they expect of you (Whether you need to derive equations or not and stuff) and then on the Kerboodle/AQA textbook***. Try to do all the summary questions then once you're done with them, move on to the end of chapter practice questions. Doing the summary questions helped bridge the content to the exam questions a bit, even though they may seem super easy or nothing like exam questions. After all of this is done then move on to past paper questions, I recommend using Physics and Maths tutor for this as he has several packs for each topic which I like to do (Link: http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...n/a-level-aqa/)

I hope this works for you and good luck!
- R2

*** The textbook i use:
TechnoWiz123
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=R2D2IsASith;74598080]I also do AQA Physics and back in AS I had a similar thing, I found it quite hard (Especially mechanics) and It continued through out the year until i actually started doing proper practice with exam questions. But don't worry, you just gotta work.

I recommend writing notes on the spec to get an idea of what they expect of you (Whether you need to derive equations or not and stuff) and then on the Kerboodle/AQA textbook. Try to do all the summary questions then once you're done with them, move on to the end of chapter practice questions. Doing the summary questions helped bridge the content to the exam questions a bit, even though they may seem super easy or nothing like exam questions. After all of this is done then move on to past paper questions, I recommend using Physics and Maths tutor for this as he has several packs for each topic which I like to do (Link: http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...n/a-level-aqa/)

I hope this works for you and good luck.
Thanks so much, i will definitely makes notes on the spec and will do the summary questions. Thanks for the link too. Hopefully i will improve and good luck on your a2 exam. Thanks again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (738)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (928)
42.71%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (412)
18.96%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed