The Student Room Group

Right wing snowflakes call for Greggs boycott over sausage roll nativity

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Retired_Messiah
The traditional nativity scene barely even follows the bible properly anyway, replacing Jesus with a sausage roll isn't much of a stretch.

Sausage rolls are basically Jesus to some people.
you know if this was directed at Muslims they would go and set the greggs headquarters on fire
Original post by astutehirstute
We often hear this defence of political correctness nowadays, as it falls more and more into disrepute.

“It is just good manners.”

You should be able to be rude. And an economic boycott attempts to take that away by force.

That is the epitome of political correctness. It is not about manners, it is about power.

Why on earth would you want to spend your life being rude and provocative?
Doesn’t sound a very happy one to me!
Original post by nashhh2
Name one hard left pressure group that's branded as a "Human rights organisation". I dare you.

The “No Borders Network” is a fantastic example.

They are a bunch of hard left nutters and The Guardian blows them.
Honestly if Jesus were a sausage roll I'd be much more religious and the bible would make a lot more sense. All that wine from water malarky will definitely need you to have a roll afterwards.
Original post by Sammylou40
Why on earth would you want to spend your life being rude and provocative?
Doesn’t sound a very happy one to me!

I don’t.

But those that do want to should be accorded that freedom.
Reply 26
The “No Borders Network” is a fantastic example.

They are a bunch of hard left nutters and The Guardian blows them.

Im glad you use the term "hard left" instead of "far left" because then it'd be a matter of perspective.

And no, the guardian don't "blow them". Give a link that proves it otherwise retract your statement.
We often hear this defence of political correctness nowadays, as it falls more and more into disrepute.

“It is just good manners.”

You should be able to be rude. And an economic boycott attempts to take that away by force.

That is the epitome of political correctness. It is not about manners, it is about power.

Why do you get off by insulting Christians? Why do you enjoy being offensive and supporting people who enjoy doing likewise?

Nothing to do with power its about respect and basic human decency , which you seem to be short of and fail to understand.
I can see where they're coming from. It's disrespectful to Christians, especially those who celebrate Christmas for its Christian meaning.
If this had been made with any other religion, nobody would be saying it was a joke.
Ironic that someone who talks about Political Correctness refers to the right as snowflakes- or it would have been, if it werent for...

The reaction would have been a lot harsher if it was an Eid inspired ad and something was offensive to Mohammed (peace be upon him) and the Left would have fuelled the sheer outrage. Tut tut.

But yeah, what a load of BANTER. Sausage Roll instead of Baby G! HAHA!

Seriously some people have too much time on their hands. It's a sausage roll, for Christ's sake.

Like in a multicultural country that is predominantly secular and/or christian, surely the dominant culture i.e GREGGS and not Harry's Halal Habadashery have the right to poke fun at themselves with a CHEEEKY SAUSAGGEEE ROLLLLLLLLLL instead of JC SUPREME.

And then the people who want to preserve the status quo- the righty snowflakes to whom you refer- get all steamy. What a bunch of melts. I see your point exactly. you're correct. Happy Christmas dude!

Ho hoho hoho hoo hooo
Original post by Snazzyzebra
Ironic that someone who talks about Political Correctness refers to the right as snowflakes- or it would have been, if it werent for...

The reaction would have been a lot harsher if it was an Eid inspired ad and something was offensive to Mohammed (peace be upon him) and the Left would have fuelled the sheer outrage. Tut tut.

But yeah, what a load of BANTER. Sausage Roll instead of Baby G! HAHA!

Seriously some people have too much time on their hands. It's a sausage roll, for Christ's sake.

Like in a multicultural country that is predominantly secular and/or christian, surely the dominant culture i.e GREGGS and not Harry's Halal Habadashery have the right to poke fun at themselves with a CHEEEKY SAUSAGGEEE ROLLLLLLLLLL instead of JC SUPREME.

And then the people who want to preserve the status quo- the righty snowflakes to whom you refer- get all steamy. What a bunch of melts. I see your point exactly. you're correct. Happy Christmas dude!

Ho hoho hoho hoo hooo

hahahah look how offended you are :rofl: thanks for proving my point perfectly.

and you had the cheek to talk about irony...

Personally i️ find it quite hilarious despite being a catholic myself, I️ guarantee this reaction was only from a select few.

However there’s definitely a double-standard in your reaction, as unfortunately I️ guarantee if Greggs put out an ad that was potentially offensive to Muslims then the entire Left would be outraged. Just wondering what you’d think about that ?
Unsurprising. The political right have long supported PC culture, just a different type of PC culture to sjws.
Original post by oliviaminor
Personally i️ find it quite hilarious despite being a catholic myself, I️ guarantee this reaction was only from a select few.

However there’s definitely a double-standard in your reaction, as unfortunately I️ guarantee if Greggs put out an ad that was potentially offensive to Muslims then the entire Left would be outraged. Just wondering what you’d think about that ?

I think you completely missed the point of the OP.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
hahahah look how offended you are :rofl: thanks for proving my point perfectly.

and you had the cheek to talk about irony...

Offended? I'm not offended. I agree with you that it's sheer nonsense that people could be offended by a SAUSSAUAAGGGEEE ROLOOOOOOOO

I'm just poking fun at your politics mate. I don't swing left or right, more of an a-political here but I study politics and it's my favourite subject, I'm at uni to learn not to further entrench any prexisting ideology I arrived with.

SAUAAAASSAAAGE ROLL
It is definitely quite rude to compare Jesus to a sausage roll. Imagine if someone compared Muhammad to one, especially since pork is haram (prohibited)
Original post by Snazzyzebra
Offended? I'm not offended. I agree with you that it's sheer nonsense that people could be offended by a SAUSSAUAAGGGEEE ROLOOOOOOOO

I'm just poking fun at your politics mate. I don't swing left or right, more of an a-political here but I study politics and it's my favourite subject, I'm at uni to learn not to further entrench any prexisting ideology I arrived with.

SAUAAAASSAAAGE ROLL

Spare me your life story mate.

I would also work on your patter because typing sausage roll in caps is about as funny as cancer.
Original post by Trapz99
It is definitely quite rude to compare Jesus to a sausage roll. Imagine if someone compared Muhammad to one, especially since pork is haram (prohibited)

You mean a bit like this:

Www.jesusandmo.net/?s=sausage
Original post by Bornblue
Unsurprising. The political right have long supported PC culture, just a different type of PC culture to sjws.

Amen to that. Besides, they like to claim that Christianity is treated worse than other religions because there are less consequences for mocking it when in reality it actually gets special treatment compared to other religions. Which religious holiday is advertised for 3-4 months? Which religious holidays do we get bank holidays for? What day of the week do many businesses close on? What is the state religion?
May Capitalism continue to undermine all the right holds dear.

Liberalism + Capitalism = death of religion. Baby Jesus as a sausage role for a chain bakery is too good :rofl:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest