The Student Room Group

Bad GCSE results , applying to Oxbridge

For my GCSE’s I was predicted all A’s , but had major problems during and before my exams . Leaving me with 5 A*-A’s, 4 C’s , 3 D’s .I know my grades are very bad , I really want to apply to Oxbridge but I know I’ll get rejected . Also , my exams were 6 months ago but I’m still so upset , because I think I disappointed my teachers and couldn’t study biology as I got s bad grade . Also , I heard Oxbridge looks at your schools results and over 30 students in my school achieved a grade 9 ( A**) , there were loads of bright people ! I also couldn’t go to the sixth Form I wanted to , I aced the interview but my grades let me down . How do I get over dwelling on such bad grades ? I also only got a C for maths , should I re sit it? I really need help because this is breaking my heart !
(edited 6 years ago)
I don't know how much help I can give you, however I do know that only Oxford put weight on GCSEs when looking at admissions. Although Cambridge look at them, there are no requirement set out by them for GCSE :smile:
Oxbridge does look at your gcse results unfortunately but if you have a passion for your subject choose cambridge instead as they care more about your interests. i would resit that maths grade though.
Reply 3
Original post by Bennnny250
For my GCSE’s I was predicted all A’s , but had major problems during and before my exams . Leaving me with 5 A*-A’s, 4 C’s , 3 D’s .I know my grades are very bad , I really want to apply to Oxbridge but I know I’ll get rejected . Also , my exams were 6 months ago but I’m still so upset , because I think I disappointed my teachers and couldn’t study biology as I got s bad grade . Also , I heard Oxbridge looks at your schools results and over 30 students in my school achieved a grade 9 ( A**) , there were loads of bright people ! I also couldn’t go to the sixth Form I wanted to , I aced the interview but my grades let me down . How do I get over dwelling on such bad grades ? I also only got a C for maths , should I re sit it? I really need help because this is breaking my heart !

I don't get why people like you that think getting 5 A*'s is bad kmt
Reply 4
Original post by dazee__

Sorry , I was predicted straight A’s and I got 3 D’s I was so disappointed!
Reply 5
Original post by Hannime
Oxbridge does look at your gcse results unfortunately but if you have a passion for your subject choose cambridge instead as they care more about your interests. i would resit that maths grade though.

Thank you so much !!
Reply 6
Original post by Ddraigdwr2
I don't know how much help I can give you, however I do know that only Oxford put weight on GCSEs when looking at admissions. Although Cambridge look at them, there are no requirement set out by them for GCSE :smile:

Thank you !!!
Original post by dazee__

Some of us don't measure ourselves the same standards as you do.
Reply 8
how is that bad bruhh at least be thankful
Reply 9
Original post by k0zaf
how is that bad bruhh at least be thankful

3D’s are bad in my eyes
Sorry , I was predicted straight A’s and I got 3 D’s I was so disappointed!

Nah I get youre dissapointelike i would be too but your grades arent exactly bad in my opinion
Reply 11
3D’s are bad in my eyes

nah but 5 A*-A aint bad people would die for those grades, the least you could do is be proud you got those grades.
Original post by dazee__
Nah I get youre dissapointelike i would be too but your grades arent exactly bad in my opinion

Original post by dazee__
Your probably some posh oxofrd boy who got everytihng handed to them, but lol youre really saying 5 A*'s is bad, youre a ****ing ******* mate

I'm sorry for hurting your ego. If you can step back and take a moment to understand what I'm saying instead of resorting to insults to hide your insecurities, then you'll be doing you and everyone else a favour.

What I'm trying to say is that good and bad is subjective - opinionated. What one says good is not the same as what others say is good. What matters is the opinion you hold of yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest