which macbook is best for me? Watch

Articultr
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i'm looking to buy a macbook as my current laptop is falling apart and about to give up any day now. i know 100% i want a macbook as i used to have a 2013 pro and LOVED it. i much prefer the OS on a macbook so please don't try and sway me to a windows laptop! i'm looking online and can't decide what would be best for me. my budget is around £1000 but if i get it from argos i get a 10% discount so could go above 1000. i love how light the 12inch macbook is but not sure if it's too small or how the performance is? the macbook air looks good too but there's only a £200 difference between the air and pro. just looking for advice from any macbook owners! i plan on using it for uni (mostly word processing) and also photoshop
ArcusF
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would personally go for MacBook Pro 2017 base model because it will suite your budget and the touch bar is useless also Apple has a student discount program so you would get a discount on the MacBook Pro you choose. I have MacBook Pro 2017 base model 256gb and it can run photoshop smoothly and the keyboard feels great for word processing.
Articultr
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by BerkParsek)
I would personally go for MacBook Pro 2017 base model because it will suite your budget and the touch bar is useless also Apple has a student discount program so you would get a discount on the MacBook Pro you choose. I have MacBook Pro 2017 base model 256gb and it can run photoshop smoothly and the keyboard feels great for word processing.
that's the one i've been looking at now as i don't need the touch bar so i think i'll get this one when i get paid thank you!
username1973239
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wouldn’t use the 12” thin MacBook for programs like photoshop. The pro would be more suited for that. I currently have the 13’ MacBook Air ( I only use it for web browsing/word processing) which I love. The only downside to the air is the outdated low resolution screen with thick bezels, but because of this the battery life is 12 hrs.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (17)
14.41%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (8)
6.78%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (24)
20.34%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (19)
16.1%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (14)
11.86%
How can I be the best version of myself? (36)
30.51%

Watched Threads