The Student Room Group

4 A LEVELS. Fun or impossible?

I really want to take 4 a levels but will it be too much work?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It will be a lot of work no doubt, but you need to manage your time extremely well. It's not impossible though :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Dizgurl
It will be a lot of work no doubt, but you need to manage your time extremely well. It's not impossible though :h:

Thank you!!
Original post by faithoshxo
I really want to take 4 a levels but will it be too much work?

I'm currently in year 12 and I'm taking 4 ( Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths). I'm not exactly the smartest, but i'm good at revising. I'm finding it not too bad if I'm honest. As long as you enjoy them you should be fine. Keep a note that Biology is very content heavy.
Yh I wanted to take four too but my sixth form says you can only do three
unless you get all grade 9s
lol i take 5 :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by mariejuana
I'm currently in year 12 and I'm taking 4 ( Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths). I'm not exactly the smartest, but i'm good at revising. I'm finding it not too bad if I'm honest. As long as you enjoy them you should be fine. Keep a note that Biology is very content heavy.

Thank you and Biology was one of my choices, I wanted to take Biology, psychology, sociology and English. Do you think this will be okay?
Reply 7
Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz
Yh I wanted to take four too but my sixth form says you can only do three
unless you get all grade 9s

That’s weird I went to Open Evening yesterday to a grammar school and one of the students says you can get 7’s in all subjects to take 4 :smile:
Reply 8

These are the same a levels I want to do, I’m not sure though. Do you regret picking these a levels and what kinds of grades are you getting / aiming for?
That’s weird I went to Open Evening yesterday to a grammar school and one of the students says you can get 7’s in all subjects to take 4 :smile:

Not my sixth form, unfortunately.
Pointless.

No University requires more than 3 A levels and you wont get any 'Ooo clever' brownie points for doing 4. AAA grades will always look better than BBBB

Too many people who attempt four A levels will not get the three grades they require - and every year thousands lose their University place as a direct consequence of being over ambitious. Whatever pressure or encouragement you are getting from parents and/or school to do four, try to resist this!
Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz
Not my sixth form, unfortunately.

Aww sorry then, I think you could get all 9s if u put ur mind to it :smile:
fun=no
possible=yes
worth it= ummm nah
Original post by peeked
These are the same a levels I want to do, I’m not sure though. Do you regret picking these a levels and what kinds of grades are you getting / aiming for?

Currently I'm getting around AABB( A's in bio+ maths, B's in phys+chemistry)
We don't really get A*'s in as, i'm not sure why, but I know they're not the greatest because I don't really revise for my tests, but I will definitely improve . you'll be fine don't worry.
Aww sorry then, I think you could get all 9s if u put ur mind to it :smile:

I just decided to do three instead. I think that because those teachers are used to dealing with 16-18 year olds, they know what they're talking about when they say they only want us to do three A Levels. Like literally, today, my teacher said 'If you do four A Levels, you will DIE.' So I'm guessing the work is quite hard, then.
Reply 15
Currently I'm getting around AABB( A's in bio+ maths, B's in phys+chemistry)
We don't really get A*'s in as, i'm not sure why, but I know they're not the greatest because I don't really revise for my tests, but I will definitely improve . you'll be fine don't worry.

Okay thanks
FM, Maths, Physics, Chemistry

Easily doable with the right mindset.
I currently study 5 A-Alevels . I advice you to study something you find extremely easy . Such as a Language you’re fluent in !
Original post by AryanGh
FM, Maths, Physics, Chemistry

Easily doable with the right mindset.

then why did i do 3 questions in 2 hours of chemistry big man
focus on btec surf studies batty boy

Quick Reply

Latest