The Student Room Group

Are these bad A-levels choices??

okay so im defo picking biology and psychology but im not sure about chemistry since i was going to pick it but its quite hard so i only have one more A-Level to choose from either the three down below which one do you guys think i should that would open more pathways for me:
-chemistry
-business
-economics
Also,my teacher said if i was to become a science teacher i would need to stud two of the sciences for A-levels,is this true??
Reply 1
Do you have any idea at all on what you want to do when you are older because it that would help massively. If I was you I’d eliminate business at it isn’t the most useful a level despite being easy. Economics is a better choice. It depends massively on what you want to do as chemistry and economics are very very different subjects with different career paths. What are you planning to do?
100% do chemistry. Your choices of science degrees are quite limited with just bio and psychology but chemistry open up a lot of choices.
Reply 3
Original post by peeked
Do you have any idea at all on what you want to do when you are older because it that would help massively. If I was you I’d eliminate business at it isn’t the most useful a level despite being easy. Economics is a better choice. It depends massively on what you want to do as chemistry and economics are very very different subjects with different career paths. What are you planning to do?

probably a science teacher or a pharmacist
Reply 4
Then I’d definitely recommend chemistry especially for a pharmacist, search up pharmacy required a levels, I’m pretty sure chemistry will be there. But yeah I’d 100% recommend chemistry
Lots of TSR advice about choosing A levels here :https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-level/subjects/a-guide-to-choosing-your-sixth-form-subjects

Read it all - carefully.
chemistry is the best choice as most science degrees ask for two sciences however some will take psychology.
business is the softest of subjects on that list so best to avoid if applying for top unis
you will most likely need chemistry for pharmacy
No you don't need two science a levels to teach but you could only teach a science that you have a higher qualification in than the one you are teaching eg. you can teach a level Biology with an anatomy degree or GCSE physics with an a level in it

Quick Reply

Latest