The Student Room Group

Failed exams because of crush

My crush distracted me for 5 years , he’s naturally smart , so is his whole family , but I’m not . He gave me mixed signals and we dated once , but I am SO in love with him . I wanted to do science and maths but he moved to my class which gave me so much anxiety and I never worked , just idolised him . I am depressed and sad all the time , I used to go home and think about him during exam session . I regret it so much ! He got AMAZING grades , I didn’t . I was so angry with him , I blocked him but it was not his fault as I was the stupid one so I added him back . I regret being infatuated with an ex and doing badly in my exams . How do I recover ? Please no bad comments ! I’m already sad and I did realise that I was so damn stupid !
That’s embarrassing sorry
5 years? Failed ALL the exams? Hecc and here I thought me not dropping A level maths cause I kinda fancied a gal in the class was kinda dumb
Original post by Retired_Messiah
5 years? Failed ALL the exams? Hecc and here I thought me not dropping A level maths cause I kinda fancied a gal in the class was kinda dumb

It kinda is..
Reply 4
Learn from your mistakes. Don't idolise people or put them on pedestals.

Put yourself first.
Original post by Technetium
It kinda is..

ye boi. I mean tbf after I decided to stick it out I did really well in the next term.

And then **** again but hey ho the motivation worked for a time.
Reply 6
Original post by Bennnny250
My crush distracted me for 5 years , he’s naturally smart , so is his whole family , but I’m not . He gave me mixed signals and we dated once , but I am SO in love with him . I wanted to do science and maths but he moved to my class which gave me so much anxiety and I never worked , just idolised him . I am depressed and sad all the time , I used to go home and think about him during exam session . I regret it so much ! He got AMAZING grades , I didn’t . I was so angry with him , I blocked him but it was not his fault as I was the stupid one so I added him back . I regret being infatuated with an ex and doing badly in my exams . How do I recover ? Please no bad comments ! I’m already sad and I did realise that I was so damn stupid !

girls...
i assume your talking about secondary school is when this all happened , what are u planning to do at college now , have u actually spoke to him about it
You should think about yourself and the make decisions for yourself, this can be a lesson but next time just calm down and try and concentrate on your own concerns and things that will impact you and not ‘idolise’ someone
i understand where your coming from i really like this girl at the moment and anxiety over that can distract from studies. However I decided one logical way of coping/deciding on this girl.

and that was i ask myself has this girl done or behaved in a way that would justify my anxiety? eg has she been unreasonable manipulative or games etc?

and so far the answer is a resounding no she has not told me everything I want to hear always but she has always been very straight and honest.

I think with my social anxiety any girl is going to make me anxious at work or during uni but I cant let that stop me otherwise I will never find anyone.

so far this girl has done everything right though.

just dont invest significantly more into someone else then they are investing in you.
I didn’t fail my exams by the way , I got mostly A’s but was expecting better
Original post by Retired_Messiah

I didn’t fail my exams , I got mostly A’s but I was aiming higher .
I didn’t fail my exams by the way , I got mostly A’s but was expecting better

I didn’t fail my exams , I got mostly A’s but I was aiming higher .

get a job at buzzfeed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending