The Student Room Group

why was i placed on waiting list

I have applied for pharmacy in Scotland through UCAS, the course starts on Feb next year (it is the only uni that does that). I got asked to attend the interview a month ago. After finishing my interview I was told that the course is full for 2018 even though you can apply for it on UCAS but if they decide to take me, they offered me for 2019 but I will be on the waiting list for 2018. Apparently, there will be other applicants that will be interviewed on December

isn't it weird that they leave the course open to apply and interview people for two years later. Or is it something common?
Original post by casey1990
I have applied for pharmacy in Scotland through UCAS, the course starts on Feb next year (it is the only uni that does that). I got asked to attend the interview a month ago. After finishing my interview I was told that the course is full for 2018 even though you can apply for it on UCAS but if they decide to take me, they offered me for 2019 but I will be on the waiting list for 2018. Apparently, there will be other applicants that will be interviewed on December

isn't it weird that they leave the course open to apply and interview people for two years later. Or is it something common?

I ve heard of it happening for nursing courses so it's possible. It means they have to do less recruiting next year.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I ve heard of it happening for nursing courses so it's possible. It means they have to do less recruiting next year.

But should they leave the course of 2018 open? According to them they really want me and they think I am very qualified for the course. But they said its unfortunate that i applied later. can a university make a position for one more student if required
Original post by casey1990
But should they leave the course of 2018 open? According to them they really want me and they think I am very qualified for the course. But they said its unfortunate that i applied later. can a university make a position for one more student if required

There's less restrictions on going over on places than there used to be but I wouldn't rely on getting a places and have other options just incase.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending