wildfire101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Are there any successful A-Level History students out there who may have great revision tips, websites or just any other advice which they can give me? I am currently predicted a C (although early days) which I would like to improve. Thank you!
AadamG
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Revise... :cool:
wildfire101
Rep:
?
Well thank you 😂 are there any particularly good methods which you can recommend?
AadamG
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by wildfire101)
Well thank you 😂 are there any particularly good methods which you can recommend?
Erm,

• Start revising early. — i.e. months, not days before the exam. ...
  • Don't spend ages making your notes look pretty. ...
  • Take short breaks. ...
  • Use revision guides. ...
  • Sleep on your exam notes. ...
  • In study leave, start revising early. ...
  • Stick revision notes all around your house. ...
  • Get yourself drinks and snacks.

or You could get drunk and wasted...
but hey, Good luck :banana2:
wildfire101
Rep:
?
Thank you, this advice is very helpful. May I ask what your exam board was?
username2811946
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by wildfire101)
Are there any successful A-Level History students out there who may have great revision tips, websites or just any other advice which they can give me? I am currently predicted a C (although early days) which I would like to improve. Thank you!
Practice essays. I'd say 60% of history revision needs to be essay writing and perfecting an essay structure for every question you can come across. The other 40% needs to be learning facts and writing notes
wildfire101
Rep:
?
Thank you! I am currently struggling slightly with the essay writing but I am sure that it will improve.
StevetheIcecube
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If essay writing is what you're struggling with, get on that asap, because once you have the essays down you can focus more on content and expanding your knowledge (and you won't be worrying so much!) Write as many essays as your teacher will mark. My biggest tip is plan your essays. Get your thoughts down first even if you struggle with timing because it will help you when you're 30 minutes in and can't remember what your last paragraph was going to be anymore.
ReeceyL
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got an A and couldn't emphasise practice essays enough. You should find old exam questions depending on your exam board and textbooks might have them also (AQA was golden for this). Ask your teacher to mark them and get feedback. Make sure you understand the mark scheme and see what it's asking for. On top of this nail down the knowledge and revising with classmates testing each other and reading other essays is also very helpful.

Sure you'll do great.

Oh...luck...yeah you want a bit of luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (67)
14.73%
I'm not sure (16)
3.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (153)
33.63%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.76%
I'm not a current university student (211)
46.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed