2018 medicine interview prep thread

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
hodgemedic
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys! I thought I'd start a thread for everyone to talk about uni interviews and how to prepare for them because I haven't seen much on it for this year

Where has everyone applied? Has anyone got any uni offers yet? How is everyone preparing for their interviews?
The Medic Portal
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hodgemedic)
Hey guys! I thought I'd start a thread for everyone to talk about uni interviews and how to prepare for them because I haven't seen much on it for this year

Where has everyone applied? Has anyone got any uni offers yet? How is everyone preparing for their interviews?
Hi there!

Regarding interview invitations, we've just published a blog on Medical School Interview Invitations 2017-18.

On this blog you can see when med schools hold their interviews, when the send their offers out - as well as which schools other students have received invitations from in a poll at the end!

For interview preparation, we have plenty of resources - we've just launched our new series on NHS Hot Topics (you can see the most recent ones on the Ageing Population and Organ Donation here) and we have a breakdown of a few key medical news stories of this year on our NHS Hot Topics 2017 page - including Brexit, Charlie Gard and mental health services.

We also have over 100 free questions and answer guides in our Medical School Interview Question Bank.

Hope this helps!
The Medic Portal
TN94
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Conquer Medicine run an MMI Crash course in Leeds thats cheaper than all the others and is a full day, lectures and a full mmi circuit plus you get support from their team afterwards too. Deffo worth checking out
meddicmind
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Preparing for medical school interviews can be a daunting prospect and there seems to an infininte number of courses out there that offer 100% success rates if you pay for their tutorials/tips however most of them are simply untrained individuals who are not well versed in the logistics of how the interview process works and what is truly needed to make the impression you need.

Therefore at Medic Mind, we are determined to prepare you to be your very best on what for some is the biggest day of their lives.
We offer one to one interview practice (MMI and panel) via Skype to suit your needs and a diverse range of learning materials to help you every step of the way!

Stefan B
UCL Medical Student
www.medicmind.co.uk/interview-online-course
meddicmind
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hodgemedic)

Good luck for hearing back!

One tip from us - keep your answers short!

- Keep your answer concise.

- Stick to 3 to 4 points

- Ensure you are actually answering the question and not your own question

Kunal - Medic Mind
Voted UK's Best Medical Start Up 2017 🏆
www.medicmind.co.uk/interview
Mcdreamy-ing
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TN94)
Conquer Medicine run an MMI Crash course in Leeds thats cheaper than all the others and is a full day, lectures and a full mmi circuit plus you get support from their team afterwards too. Deffo worth checking out
oh wow that sounds really good, i just gave them a google and they're so much cheaper than other courses too! I'm booking it, thanks
GrandMedic
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mcdreamy-ing)
oh wow that sounds really good, i just gave them a google and they're so much cheaper than other courses too! I'm booking it, thanks
This account was created yesterday and all posts made have been regarding "Conquer medicine". A bit of a fishy way to advertise- same with TN94.
onceuponamedic
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hey everyone,

For interview prep, I'd definitely recommend you try and read up on some current health news and make sure you're familiar with all the common topics.

I've put together a short summary on NHS funding which is a fairly big topic that could pop up.
Be sure to have a read of it and think of a few ideas for the potential questions you could get asked:

onceuponamedic.wordpress.com/nhs-funding
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
If anyone talks about the Huntington Disease potential treatment, I will be very impressed!
Puppo
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ecolier)
If anyone talks about the Huntington Disease potential treatment, I will be very impressed!
haha I legit saw that yesterday and made notes on it. Such a convenient time considering I have an interview this week!
onceuponamedic
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hi everyone,

I've just put together another post on general interview tips. Remember in your interview you essentially want to create a good first impression and these top tips should help you out.

Have a read here:
onceuponamedic.wordpress.com/8-es-for-medical-school-interview-success
The Medic Portal
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hi everyone!

We recently spoke to a medical school admissions tutor on what they look for in candidates at interview! You can read their 6 tips here: 6 Admissions Tutor Medical School Interview Tips

Hope this helps!
The Medic Portal
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (106)
68.39%
No (32)
20.65%
I didn't use it to prepare (17)
10.97%

Watched Threads