The Student Room Group

Do you think that I should change courses?

I'm currently in my first year of BSc biology and got a job in IT support. I am really enjoying this job and am pretty sure that I want a career in IT. I've been looking at the entry requirements for various jobs on the prospects and national career service sites -most say that computer science isn't required but would be advantageous. The job is on campus at my uni and you have to be enrolled as a student to continue the roll (so I wouldn't be able to keep the job after graduation)I do enjoy bio but have been looking into computer science and think that i would enjoy it more.Would it be worth me switching to computer science next year (and spending an extra £9250 !!) ?

Thank you for your help
Have you researched what's taught in a computer science degree? It's got nothing to do with IT support (or IT for that matter really).
Reply 2
Original post by 0xFFFFail
Have you researched what's taught in a computer science degree? It's got nothing to do with IT support (or IT for that matter really).

I've read into all of the modules offered by my uni in the computer science course and even sneaked into a couple of their lectures. I really do love the sound of it. I like all things tech from learning to program to learning about operating systems to the support side of things
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by 99dd
I've read into all of the modules offered by my uni in the computer science course and even sneaked into a couple of their lectures. I really do love the sound of it. I like all things tech from learning to programme to learning about operating systems to the support side of things

Sounds like you do actually want to switch to computer science then, not entirely sure how student finance works (except I know this would be your gift year) but presumably you drop out for the remainder of this year and come back in September?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending